Page 2 of 548 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailbone | Classic

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Tailbone to classic thread!

My hair measures 39-1/4 inches and classic length will be about 44" long. Sigh ......... I don't even know if my hair will get that long. I've only had 3/4 of an inch of growth in the past 3 months.

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Hey! It's awesome to see all of you around the same place in your journey as me, whether you're here for good or still growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixii View Post
    So far, my daily style is still a simple ponytail, but I'm starting to branch out with braids and rope braids. (Especially the second, because I just love those. <3)
    Oh my gosh, I love rope braids at this length too! They're so pretty. I wore double rope braids yesterday and saw lots of envious looks.

Quote Originally Posted by AprilElf View Post
    I was at tailbone (39") when I joined LHC.
    I've just reached 'classic when wet'! LOL!
    Maybe I'll hit 'classic when dry' by the end of the NZ summer (end of Feb), if I'm lucky?!?!
    Wow, that's not too long now! How exciting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hennaphile View Post
    About two inches away
    Are you doing what I do in the shower when i get that close - tilting your head back and imagining...? <g>

Quote Originally Posted by embee View Post
    Well, this is where I live. My few longest hairs (like maybe 5 or 6?) are at classic (unless they fell out since I last measured!) and the bulk of my hair is between tailbone and classic. This seems to be terminal.
    What a great length to have terminal!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    When I started at LHC I was at about earlobe length. I've had past tailbone length before so my hair hasn't started to feel long until recently.

I have about four or five inches to grow before I hit classic. In between reaching that goal I am looking for a good place to get some soft long layers cut into the length of my hair so it has more of a style when I wear it down as it grows longer.

Plus if my ends are too blunt they poke out of my updos which I wear a lot as it gets longer.
    I have lots of layers in the front, which I love, and bangs. Front layers are good at this length I think since all over layering makes my hair look messy and broken. I just don't have the right hairtype for layers+long hair.
    I also don't like blunt ends at this length - my U-shape has helped a lot with updoes.

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    My hair measures 39-1/4 inches and classic length will be about 44" long. Sigh ......... I don't even know if my hair will get that long. I've only had 3/4 of an inch of growth in the past 3 months.
    Spidermom, I thought I'd see you here! We've been growing together for a while now. It's also 44" for me and I think 3/4" in 3 months is nothing to sneeze at - I know that's slower than you're used to but that's still lots of good growth! Are you planning on going longer than classic or undecided?

What about the rest of you? Are you staying between tailbone and classic on purpose? If classic is your goal, is it just an intermediary goal or is that your final answer?
    From BSL to classic to pixie to chin to ... ??? All my hair is now virgin and LHC-loved.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I change my mind every hour or two. Sometimes I want to grow on to terminal length just to see what it is. Other times I feel like I can't wait to cut back to waist or maybe even BSL. I love looking at long hair, but I don't spend that much time looking at myself, so I think I'm most aware of my long hair as a hassle. I do find it rather soothing to comb out; it's like a trigger that helps me to relax.

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I also like combing mine - it's a nice relaxing thing to do in the evenings. I've had DH offer to comb it for me too - a handful of times - and it's been so nice.
    From BSL to classic to pixie to chin to ... ??? All my hair is now virgin and LHC-loved.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    chin/tb/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I'm barely at tailbone now (since I trimmed last week). It will probably take me over a year to get to classic. My growth has slowed down and I'm trimming off the damage/dyed hair. I don't know how long I'll let it grow. I would like to get to fingertip, but I don't know if my hair will grow that long. I will have to see what my virgin hair is capable of once this damaged stuff is gone (many years down the road).

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm in

Between growing and trimming I've bounced between tailbone and classic for awhile, and plan to hang out here until my hemline thickens a bit (probably a year or so). Then I'll make a break for fingertip

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by patience View Post
    I'm barely at tailbone now (since I trimmed last week). It will probably take me over a year to get to classic. My growth has slowed down and I'm trimming off the damage/dyed hair. I don't know how long I'll let it grow. I would like to get to fingertip, but I don't know if my hair will grow that long. I will have to see what my virgin hair is capable of once this damaged stuff is gone (many years down the road).
    I like the idea of fingertip as well. Tailbone seems like a nice place to stay if you've got damage to trim off. Long enough to put it up in all sorts of dos! I also have a growing goal that's many years down the road - I'd like to be this long or longer with all virgin hair. Someday!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I'm in

Between growing and trimming I've bounced between tailbone and classic for awhile, and plan to hang out here until my hemline thickens a bit (probably a year or so). Then I'll make a break for fingertip
    Woohoo!! Do you grow to classic and then cut back to tailbone or is it more random than that? I like the image of your hair escaping and making a break for a longer length. Teehee!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Amara View Post
    Woohoo!! Do you grow to classic and then cut back to tailbone or is it more random than that? I like the image of your hair escaping and making a break for a longer length. Teehee!
    Eh, I do microtrims rather than larger ones. So I'll get right around classic and then take off an inch or so every other month.

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

That's what I'm thinking of doing... I'd like to be rid of the hennaed 2/3rd of my hair without losing a big chunk of length all at once. I know your good advice, Nightshade! A bit at a time...

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

My long term goal has been, ever since I was a little girl, knee length. Over all, I like classic better though, and if I were to ever reach one of those two lengths, I may cut back to tailbone or even higher.
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3