Thread: Classic | Fingertip | Mid-thigh | Knee

Length
    30"/51.5"/53"
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Classic to Knee Thread

Your hair is stunning as always, SwordWomanRiona

Congratulations on reaching knee length, Dark Queen
    Physics is the ability to express the world in differential equations. (anonymous)
    Golden cut ( the longer one) and still growing.

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelchen View Post
    Your hair is stunning as always, SwordWomanRiona

Congratulations on reaching knee length, Dark Queen
    , Teuchelfen!

I'm waiting forward to pics, Dark Queen !

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

How far is it from Classic to FTL for everyone? It is only about 3" on me.

Yesterday I braided my hair while still damp and wore it that way all day. When I took it down, I had slightly oiled it and had the softest, prettiest braid waves (I did take pics but they are still on my camera, I took some up close ones to see my hair texture). I started really looking at the ends and could not find ONE split or white dot. NOT ONE? I know I had them before. I do have some raggedness going on from breakage at the ends. I guess all my splits broke off and left HEALTHY ends?

I have long believed that S&D just makes more splits for me (despite having a brand new pair of S&D scissors I never used for anything else) and I stopped doing that about a year ago I would say. I also had a major shed the last couple months (June and July) and I wonder if most my damaged hairs were just the ones old and brittle and ready to go.

The only reason I would need to trim would be for aesthetic reasons and since it still looks OK down, which I rarely wear it down anyway, I don't plan to trim. I will reassess in January which is when I was going to trim if needed. I may even up the hemline then but I may also go for FTE's for the first time in my life.

ETA: I have decided to grow until my virgin hair reaches waist length or so and see how long my hair will get by then, then I plan to cut back to waist. That will be in a couple years. I should reach knee, I think.
    Last edited by WaitingSoLong; August 9th, 2012 at 05:51 AM.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    58 in/43 in/43 in
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Angela_Rose View Post
    Hi, folks. Checking in... I had a trim last week, which put me back to 50", which is ten inches to knee-length.

This is taking foreverrrrr.
    50 inches on me is just past knee; I'm 5'1".

Length
    ../??/Term
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/iii

Classic length on me was probably around 43 inches. Mid-thigh is 47 inches on me, and I am guessing that knee length will be around 51-52 inches on me (but I have never been to knee length before, so I will see when I get there how long that is).
    Final Goal: Terminal lengthLady Randiriel, Shepherdess of Tithenmamiwen

Length
    ~Calf/Pixie/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingSoLong View Post
    How far is it from Classic to FTL for everyone? It is only about 3" on me.
    I'm around 5'5" ish. I have a very high forehead, which probably loses me some inches. :P

From some very dodgy self-measuring attempts just now:

Classic is around the 41" mark.
    Fingertip is around the 46" mark (I have disproportionately long arms...).
    Knee is around 52 or 53".

I can't do much better than that on my own and DH is rubbish at measuring. He says I'm about 1-2" past fingertip (in the centre of my pronounced U-shaped hemline) but insists that that's only 45" total. Which I hope is wrong, seeing as that would indicate no length gain since early spring... although I did hack 3-4" off a few months ago, so I suppose it is possible.

(Also, a hint for self-measuring: put on an elasticated headband and tuck the measuring tape under that. Then, you have two hands free to try to figure out where the end of the tape is hitting.)

Can I be a Guru now** Angela_Rose's Avatar
    Length
    20"/51"/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Panth View Post
    I'm around 5'5" ish. I have a very high forehead, which probably loses me some inches. :P

From some very dodgy self-measuring attempts just now:

Classic is around the 41" mark.
    Fingertip is around the 46" mark (I have disproportionately long arms...).
    Knee is around 52 or 53".

I can't do much better than that on my own and DH is rubbish at measuring. He says I'm about 1-2" past fingertip (in the centre of my pronounced U-shaped hemline) but insists that that's only 45" total. Which I hope is wrong, seeing as that would indicate no length gain since early spring... although I did hack 3-4" off a few months ago, so I suppose it is possible.

(Also, a hint for self-measuring: put on an elasticated headband and tuck the measuring tape under that. Then, you have two hands free to try to figure out where the end of the tape is hitting.)
    48" is classic on me. I'm at 50"ish now (haven't measured since my trim, but before it I know I was beyond 50"), which is just shy of fingertip and almost midthigh. I think, like, 52" is midthigh proper; knee is 60" for me.

Dude. I never ever thought of the headband thing. What a great trick!!!
    Lady Seraph of the Celestial Rose, OOTLHK.
    Achieved 53.5"/Calf, January 2016; currently at 51" and struggling to come back from a Big Shed.

Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Panth View Post

Good tip!

Though I never had trouble measuring. I get the same exact measurement no matter how many times I measure so I figure it is pretty accurate. Also, since I have straight hair, I can measure wet (not sopping-in-the-shower-wet but towel dried) or dry and get the same number.

I try not to measure more than once a month. It is discouraging. I took the 90 days challenge once and it cured me of my measure-a-holic tendencies. I usually measure on the first of the month.

FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Can I be a Guru now** Angela_Rose's Avatar
    Length
    20"/51"/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirl16 View Post
    50 inches on me is just past knee; I'm 5'1".
    That makes sense- there's an 8" difference in our heights, so I'm not surprised at the 10" difference between knee length on us.
    Lady Seraph of the Celestial Rose, OOTLHK.
    Achieved 53.5"/Calf, January 2016; currently at 51" and struggling to come back from a Big Shed.

Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingSoLong View Post
    Yesterday I braided my hair while still damp and wore it that way all day. When I took it down, I had slightly oiled it and had the softest, prettiest braid waves (I did take pics but they are still on my camera, I took some up close ones to see my hair texture). I started really looking at the ends and could not find ONE split or white dot. NOT ONE? I know I had them before. I do have some raggedness going on from breakage at the ends. I guess all my splits broke off and left HEALTHY ends?
    Here are a few of the pics I took yesterday. I would just upload them to my album...BUT...sigh