Quote Originally Posted by PatGear View Post
Yes, that's what it means. It doesn't necessarily mean that you're not still on their contact list, though.

The only way to know whether you are a "contact" or not is if they have a private blog and you can't get in, then you know you aren't. If you can get in, then maybe you're a contact, or maybe the blog is public....you don't know unless they mention in their blog that it's private!

As for photo albums. If it's private and you don't have access, you won't even see it listed at all so you wouldn't know whether or not you have access. That's another reason the whole "contact but not friend" thing is so confusing.

tallulah, that's a hoot! "You can't be friends with yourself"
Actually, PatGear, I was like you, and when I saw the box unticked, my first thought was that I might have accientally unticked it. Fortunately, I did not send a second friendship request out, once I had a better understanding of what the unticked box meant. Also, the person in question did remove me from her contacts, since I no longer have access to her blog.

Also, my understanding is that if the "friendship requested" box is still ticked means that it is entirely possible your friendship request may not actually have been rejected yet, if the person has been offline. I know of several in mine that changed to "friend"when the person came back online, but there are still a number of others outstanding.