Page 101 of 261 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2606

Thread: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: The Cassia Thread

Hehe... I think this will be the 1,000th post in this thread.

I did a cassia treatment today. I mixed mine with warm water, a few drops each of peppermint and lavender EO and a couple of shots of aloe gel. I applied it from roots to tips and let it sit for over an hour. Then I rinsed, rinsed, rinsed.

I conditioned with two different conditioners in an attempt to remove the remaining herbal bits. Still, when I combed it out, little bits rained over my t-shirt.

It' still wet, so I can't report on the results. I've used cassia before, so I expect that they will be good. I get lazy and don't do it regularly. Maybe I'll start.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

Quote Originally Posted by Jeni View Post
    Did you mix the cassia with OJ the last time? I don't add anything acidic to mine, I don't think you need too. Also I've never felt that you needed to wait 12 hours for dye release, 3-4 hours works fine for me! Your hair is pretty dark, were you hoping for color?
    Ya, last time I used OJ and prepared it the exact same way, and the results were good. I was hoping for conditioning, which this time only lasted for a day. Maybe it's the cassia gremlins lurking in my kitchen
    [SIGP

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

How much thickness/volume can cassia give? I used to be 4" bang on, but I've just measured as tight as I could and after my first cassiaing it's a bit over 4.25"!!

I used about 12 heaped tablespoons (yeah accurate...what a dope) of cassia, 2 tablespoons or fenugreek, a mug of chamomille tea and about half a mug of water. I used the whole lot but next time I won't mix so much. I liked the smell but added some rosemary since I didn't think anyone else would. I left it for an hour with two shower caps on and a towel over it them washed off the mess. People mention trying to detangle...I didn't have any tangles at all. I don't know why, maybe because the cassia stayed wet even at the perimeter? I followed with an acv rinse and air drying.

My hair is massive and super soft, and hopefully I can do another 2 treatments before my wedding (two months today! argh!) and have the biggest hair ever.
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Length
    SL/HIP/CLSC
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I'm trying out Nightshade's cassia/henna mix today. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

She's listed ingredients: Cassia Obovata, Chamomile, Henna, Ginger & Herbal Blend (Powdered horsetail, yellow dock, burdock, marshmallow root, aloe, chamomile, hibiscus, and nettle).

Anyone else using her blends?

Lady Ardwinna of the Blessed Soil in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    3a/F/M/ii

where would be a good place for me to get some Cassia - i would love to try it.

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

No that I'm one to only research after I do something, but according to this site: http://www.mehandi.com/shop/cassiaobovatabuy.html I should have used 500g of cassia.

No way can I afford that since it'd be about thirty quid a go; I estimate I used more like 60g, 70g. Was this a waste of time? Or not, because I wasn't doing it for colour. The packet recommended 50g. And my hair is nice. And I used a ratio and amount I copied from someone else in theis massive thread...

I just get so cynical taking advice from whoever's selling the product.
    📸 Hairstagram

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Nah. Catharine's site is a little...liberal with her amounts. XD; You don't need to go exactly by her recommendations.

I believe that for my hair, at APL stretched, I'm supposed to use about 200 grams of henna. xD; I can get away with 50-100, depending on how thin it is. I don't doubt her cassia amounts are similar.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Agreed, GlassEyes. I used 100g of henna on my hair when it was 23.5 inches, and I always had enough left over for a couple of tablespoons to add to a gloss.
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    Nah. Catharine's site is a little...liberal with her amounts. XD; You don't need to go exactly by her recommendations.

I believe that for my hair, at APL stretched, I'm supposed to use about 200 grams of henna. xD; I can get away with 50-100, depending on how thin it is. I don't doubt her cassia amounts are similar.
    Haha. Liberal is the word. I figured since I didn't want colour and was going for damage avoidance rather than repair that I would be fine. We'll see.

Is Baldwins as good as anywhere to buy from? Rennaisance Henna would bankrupt me and Henna Boy seems to be gathering an unreliable reputation.
    📸 Hairstagram

Length
    Chin/BSL/W-H
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I've tried cassia obovata before and it left my hair dry, though after reading someone else's experiences (er...somewhere), possibly it would have worked better if I had left it on for a shorter time. I'm planning to henna to help my scalp, and I'm thinking of diluting it down with cassia so that I don't turn too red. If I leave it on for a relatively short time, and use either 1/2 or 2/3 henna, should that be enough to stop the cassia from drying my hair? It's a different supplier this time, and they're selling senna auriculata in their henna/indigo/amla/cassia section, so maybe a slightly different variety (assuming it's not just a variation in name) might do better as well. Perhaps I should add a tablespoon of coconut oil as well?

I haven't used their henna for colouring (I boiled it to make a "dead henna" treatment), but I've used it for that, along with their cassia, and Baldwins seem to be fine. I'm now trying the Spice Works, since they were recommended, sounded good when I rang them, and offer fast, free P&P.

That blend of Nightshade's does look great.
    Last edited by Elettaria; July 9th, 2009 at 05:15 PM.
    I have opted out of the "friends" system. Please do not send me any friending requests.