Page 261 of 261 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261
Results 2,601 to 2,606 of 2606

Thread: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    I´m sorry to hear that. Do you think you had a good quality cassia from a reputable seller? Sometimes they *might* mix something else in, which you are unaware of - some other, cheaper herb (which you might be allergic to), or, as I´ve heard - green sand (gasp!). I had a lower quality cassia years ago, which gave me a green tint I could not get rid of - I don´t think it was only cassia, but something else mixed in as well.
    The green tint is almost never from additives, but from the Chrysophanic acid reacting with minerals in your water. It will stay on your hair until you use something chelating to remove the minerals. Senna is generally a very inexpensive herb, so while odds of it being cut with something else is possible, there's no great profit motive for it.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

I have no issue with the henna and indigo I got from the same person I'm wondering if I'm just very slightly allergic to it or it could be the upside down washes but I've never had headaches from that using chemical dyes.

I'll try it again next week without the aloe powder because selling a kilo of Cassia would be annoying. Still getting rid of the fenugreek helped

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Yeah I'm going to have to sell my cassia I tried it without aloe powder and it still makes me feel a tiny bit *off*

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Yeah I'm going to have to sell my cassia I tried it without aloe powder and it still makes me feel a tiny bit *off*
    That's too bad. I would've been interested in buying it off of you if the shipping wasn't going to be something crazy!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    That really sucks, Bat! I'm sorry. Have you ever had trouble with any other herbal dyes before?

Have you noticed any other difference between cassia obovata and cassia auriculata than that obovata gives some color but auriculata doesn’t? I have used cassia auriculata few times and obovata only once, and I´m wondering what differences there are between those two. I´ve used Cultivator´s cassia that includes cassia auriculata and aloe vera, and that makes my hair only little bit dry after the treatment, but after using cassia obovata (Khadi Senna/Cassia) I felt that my hair was quite dry, but I guess that could be just the aloe vera missing

Is there any difference between those two on how long the good effects of cassia stay in the hair?