Page 51 of 261 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Re: The Cassia Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Henna Sooq View Post
    I hope you like the casia obovata, Curlsgirl!

Is your avatar pic of you the most recent pic? If so, I think it's great you ordered a bit extra just in case. Cassia obovata can be frozen if any paste is leftover and used next time. So there is no wastage there.

I think depending on your thickness, but from your avatar pic it looks like you may use about 200 grams of cassia for your application. This is according to a medium/average thickness of hair, in my opinion.
    My hair is 30 inches with about a 4.5 to 5+ inch circumference now depending on wash day.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    15/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I know this has probably been covered before, but I'm wondering if Cassia looses any effectiveness if not dye released. My mom recently decided to let her grays grow out and it's looking very pretty. She isn't sure if she wants the color to change or not. I'm gonna give her some of my cassia and have her do some strand tests, but thought I would check since I haven't been able to find an answer to this.

Located in Elkridge, Maryland (USA) and Toronto, Ontario (Canada)

Kitara, no it won't lose any of its effectiveness. Just do the hair strands to double check on any color changes. But it will really still benefit her hair a lot!

So 30 inches, like almost to your bum right? You should do pretty well with that much cassia. You may have a bit of leftovers.

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Themyst View Post
    I also ordered some cassia, 400 grams. I read that for my length, this is recommended, but most users say they use MUCH LESS than what is recommended. I plan on mixing it with some buxus (for a little darker color), amla, and fenugreek. Maybe chamomile tea.

I'll be trying it on my 8 year old DD but minus the buxus and amla (she has waist length blonde hair - I don't want to mess with her color).

I am also excited!
    I have found that fenugreek really stretches the cassia out well. It also seems to add a more "jigglyness" (technical term...) which helps with any drips. I also think it helps with the rinsing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Henna Sooq View Post

So 30 inches, like almost to your bum right? You should do pretty well with that much cassia. You may have a bit of leftovers.
    Actually still about 2 inches from waist wet and even more dry and curly! I have a long back waist length. Is the mehendi site the best and least expensive place to get this? A natural/organic store wouldn't have it would it?

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    pixie/43/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

This most recent cassia treatment I did last week I used 4 tablespoons of the powder and mixed it into about a cup or so of water. It seemed like I was going to run out before I got all my hair nice and goopy, so I just added extra water to the mix. It was pretty thin, but seemed to work just fine for my needs.

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

a few of us order our cassia (called senna) from herbco.com. Its not exactly the same plant, its like the sister plant (or something like that). I have used both cassia from H4H and the stuff from herbco.com. They both worked the exact same for me, the H4H was a finer powder but that doesn't effect anything. I use the stuff from herbco now, its cheaper ($3/lb I believe) then the H4H. If you go the herbco route be warned the shipping is a tad spendy so you may want to order enough to make it worth it. Look around the sight, you can get a lot of stuff (oils, herbs like fenugreek and catnip, EOs, teas, etc).

If you look back on the thread there is a convo about the stuff from herbco. You may find it useful.

Besides those 2 places Im not sure where else to find it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Length
    ?/BSL+3/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Jeni, can you tell us what you use as far as a fenugreek to cassia ratio?

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Hair after one hour treatment of Rainbow Henna's Persian Blonde - cassia and chamomile, mixed with catnip tea:

Lady Nereida of the Riptide Shores - LHK
    Renegray: Silver Hair is a Sparkling Diadem

Length
    28/36/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kitara View Post
    I know this has probably been covered before, but I'm wondering if Cassia looses any effectiveness if not dye released. My mom recently decided to let her grays grow out and it's looking very pretty. She isn't sure if she wants the color to change or not. I'm gonna give her some of my cassia and have her do some strand tests, but thought I would check since I haven't been able to find an answer to this.
    Kitara, I did a weak cassia obovata sample from H4H (3g) to 1/2 cup conditioner on my son's chocolate brown hair for 1 1/2 hours with no dye release time and his resistant white turned blond.
    FBC cream soap shampoo