Page 3 of 1107 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair-Toy Addicts...Check In Here!

I left by request
    Length
    Left/Left/Left
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Hair-Toy Addicts...Check In Here!

Quote Originally Posted by FrannyG View Post
    Absolutely (munching on chocolate--thanks, by the way). You need to have a wooden hair fork.

Okay, I brought pizza.

Who's next?
    Ha! exactly! I need it.

It's not my addiction problem taken over at all .

It's just essential I have it. Nothing wrong with that. Anyhow my hairsticks look bare and alone in the draw.

I love pizza! Yum...! Thanks

Length
    24"/28"/39"
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Erf. I'm hesitant about entering this group simply because I feel like I might have to admit that I ought to curtail my habits, and I don't want to.

I began my long hair journey years before finding this board. I love long hair but I hate it flowing around my face, so I learned how to do a cinnabun and needed some sticks to keep it up. I started with a set of Quattro starlight prongs I got off etsy, then I moved on to his wooden sticks. Once I had about 5, I decided I wanted something I didn't need to worry about dropping during high school sports, so I bought a few sticks from Argus Designs. I love them, and my plain set of 5" titanium ones have been my go to sticks since then.

I took a slight detour when I cut my hair from tailbone to shoulder recently, but I'm back at BSL now and apparently am buying every toy in sight that I like.

This forum introduced me to Nightblooming, Ravenslair, Barefootmaiden, Aliarose, Graydog, Grahtoestudio, and Ketylos. Those are my main weaknesses, but I recently got a 60th Street 4 pronged fork and it holds incredibly well, so I might have to duck into the store during a refreshment break in this group. *checks watch*

My main concern is storage, actually. I'm out of space on my shelves and on my knitted hanger. I'm looking for a tall, narrow chest of drawers that I can stick in a corner, but so far no dice.
    Lover of fountain pens and disabled kitties.

RIP my sweet Jilly-bean. Your momma misses you.

I left by request
    Length
    Left/Left/Left
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Silver & Gold View Post
    Not trying to enable in the least but, Janeytillie, take it from someone who owns and operates an official hairtoy museum. You simply must own at least one wooden hairfork in order to have the beginnings of a respectable collection.

And don't worry if your collection grows too big, or get's out of hand. Remember, "Silver & Gold's Hairtoy Museum" will always be here to accept any and all donations.

It is decided I will buy the wooden hair fork tomorrow to finish the collection. I will only buy one wooden hair fork.

Hairtoy museum.... where!

Does this museum have a hairtoy gift shop? I wouldn't buy anything.. Just admire them real close.

I left by request
    Length
    Left/Left/Left
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenne View Post
    Exactly. Just the one. It's not like there's lots of pretty ones out there waiting to be bought too. Oh.. wait...
    Yep it will only be the one.... for now *cough*

Length
    14/37/??
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

My name's Masara and I'm definately not a hair toy addict. I'm only here to support you poor suffering people and possibly learn of hair toy makers I haven't yet heard about (in the interests of research of course)

When I arrived here. I couldn't see the point in hair toys. I mean, a couple of pins and an elastic were all I needed and I was sure I was never going to be able to get a stick to work in my hair.

Well, first off I decided that I needed to try a Ficcare to see what all the fuss was about, but I can stop buying them whenever I want, it's just that I really, truely need 15 (I think)

Then of course, everybody says that ketylos hold better than most sticks so I had to see if it was true and since I could get ketylos to work, it made sense to test other hairstick makers...

And it really would be rude to ignore those kind friendly people on the quattro, ravenslair, nightblooming, grahtoe, aliarose, flexi-8 threads and nothing holds like a speharb fork and if you've got one with a green bead, then it won't go with your red top, so a red one is logical.

And naturally, I have to defend la belle France and buy bijoux manoël pins.

But. I don't have a problem and I certainly don't have too many hair toys and I can stand up proudly here and say I have two ficcares, two sets of manoël pins and some nightblooming pins on their way.

I just won't say it very loud at home

Quote Originally Posted by janeytilllie View Post
    It is decided I will buy the wooden hair fork tomorrow to finish the collection. I will only buy one wooden hair fork.

Hairtoy museum.... where!

Does this museum have a hairtoy gift shop? I wouldn't buy anything.. Just admire them real close.
    Well, please understand that while one fork is a reasonable step in the right direction, your collection will only be a 'beginner's' set at best. You will find that one hair fork is just the jumping off point. After some time you will come to realize that it was naïve to think one hair fork would be enough. But we all must take our first baby steps.

The illustrious Silver & Gold Hairtoy Museum is located in the heart of the good old USA. As of this time we do not have a gift shop but there is an iMac located on the premises where one can surf the web in search of hairtoys that one can purchase as a memento of their visit to the Silver & Gold Hairtoy Museum and have these items shipped directly to their homes so as not to worry about them getting lost with their luggage or confiscated by airport security on the trip back home. Also the proprieter of said museum is an adapt at finding some of the most delightful and unusual hairtoys as well as affordable beginner hairtoys. She is always happy to enable *cough* I mean assist visitors to her museum with their hairtoy purchases.

And as always, all hairtoy donations and money for purchase of more hairtoys for the museum are always happily accepted. Thank you for your inquiry about the Silver & Gold Hairtoy Museum and have a lovely day.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TiaKitty View Post
    What? There are no hairsticks in the cinnamon buns?!? Outrageous. I'll just use this chopstick I'm wearing in my hair to serve myself...
    LOL!!! Excellent point, TiaKitty, excellent point, indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by TiaKitty View Post
    My name is TiaKitty, and I don't think I have an addiction, but running around with you girls (and guys!) is what my Mama told me I shouldn't be doing...
    Yeah, we're the bad boys (and girls) from LHC. The kind your parents warned you about. Bwahahahahahahaha!!

And don't worry if your collection grows too big, or get's out of hand. Remember, "Silver & Gold's Hairtoy Museum" will always be here to accept any and all donations.
    I must say, S&G, I'm, um, astounded by your, uh, generous offer!!

Pizza!!! Yay, Franny!!! Okay, so now we have cinnamon buns (with chopsticks in them), coffee, chocolate, doughnuts, and pizza. Nothing like a well-rounded diet to get our minds off our, uh, "problem."
    Proud Member of the Renegray Gang
    Lady Arethusa of the Gossamer Garden in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

And as always, all hairtoy donations and money for purchase of more hairtoys for the museum are always happily accepted. Thank you for your inquiry about the Silver & Gold Hairtoy Museum and have a lovely day.
    Your killin' me, S&G!!! (I can't stop laughing!)

Masara, you must have a degree in the sciences, because your research is so, uh, thorough!!

Sipping Darjeeling with Jesus and LisaJaney
    Length
    24/42.5/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Pixna View Post
    LOL!! Uh, yeah...right.

*Pixna hands the mic over to Tresses and ushers her to the podium*

::nervously shuffles to the front of the room::

Hi. ::taps microphone:: Is this on?

Umm...hi. My name is Tresses and I’m a hairtoy addict. It started 10 years ago, when I found LHL. It was slow at first, you know? A scrunchie here, barrette there. I was already at BSL, so I made do with what I already owned. But then I went to ebay and found a pair of bone hairsticks...then a pair of Papadonh’s. My first Dymondwood. Then came the group orders...the Mei Fas...the Ficcares...the Frau K’s direct from Germany...And then I couldn’t stop.

I contacted the Bunjiidude, Brad Bealmear, about his product, and through our conversations, ended up working for Bunjii, Inc. I was paid in Bunjiis...enough to meet any fix. I had so many, I gave them away to friends and family to help drum up business, thinking the supply would never dry up. ::sigh:: I’ve sold many of what I had left to buy other hairtoys (you know how it goes) and am down to my favorites, including a number of Bunjiis in sterling silver and Bunjiigold. I guard them now. I see you looking at them! Back off!

I even quit cold turkey for awhile. Didn’t buy anything for the longest time. Didn’t even wear most of my stash. But then...I started that Daily Wear thing in my blog. It all started again. I pulled out toys I hadn’t worn in years. I learned new updos. I followed the Conventional Hair Products and Hair Accessories board every day and even checked the Swap Board several times daily. I...::hangs head in shame::...opened an account at etsy.

I have quite a collection now. And my first Mairzydozy and QueCraft items are on their way to me as I type.

While I’m waiting...did somebody say pizza?

~ click the pic ~

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Thank you, Tresses, for bravely sharing your story.

*Pixna hands Tresses a plate and napkin for her pizza while eyeing the silver Bunjiis in Tresses' pocket*

I know that wasn't easy, and I commend you. Who would like to step up next?