Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Archived Forums - Now Available

Length
    26-31/Chin/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I'm not sure if this has been posted in this thread before, but if you have the link to a thread/post on the old LHC and change the 'forum' part at the beginning to 'archive', if it's a public thread it'll open up.

ETA: I stumbled upon the fact that this includes public journals. http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1 (I was typing in random numbers at the end to see which threads I could come up with, and so I thought why not the number 1? And it's Steph's public journal)

ETA2: And if anyone's interested, this http://archive.longhaircommunity.com...ad.php?t=78700 is the last thread posted on the old LHC.
    Last edited by freznow; March 29th, 2008 at 09:10 AM.
    (Student) trapeze artist, acrobat, contortionist and more. Check out me and my partner here!

Length
    bob/80/termi
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Thanks!
    Overall:1cCiii (Canopy 1bCiii; Front 3aCii; underneath 2bMiii) "...true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows!" Sam Levenson

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

That's amazing! Could the mods go in and change the private journals to public and then we could access them again?

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    18/44/Term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Carolyn, did you try just typing in archive in your old private journal link? I am able to see the X day challenge thread, which was in the restricted forums. If you have any old download of your journal, the header information is right there.
    Lady Raederlhe of Chocolate Treasures in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Tribute to the KL Knot Photos April Hairtool Challenge Photos
    Renegrays -swearing undyeing loyalty to the silver cause!

Type
    2c/M/ii

Seems to me it's just that certain subforums have been imported already, while others haven't. The archive for the herbal subforum doesn't work yet, for instance, even though it's public. It's not that all the public things are working and the private things are not.

When I try to access my private journal, it tells me I'm not logged in (won't allow me to log in, either).

But it's very encouraging that things are being imported!

ETA: I was wrong - some threads in the herbal hairforum can be accessed. Haven't figured out yet what the system is ;-)

Iris
    Last edited by iris; March 29th, 2008 at 10:35 AM.
    Grew out my henna (February 2007 - August 2009)

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Raederle View Post
    Carolyn, did you try just typing in archive in your old private journal link? I am able to see the X day challenge thread, which was in the restricted forums. If you have any old download of your journal, the header information is right there.
    I thought I had downloaded my old journal but I hadn't "saved it" so it didn't stay. I typed in my old user number and my new one and that didn't work. My old user number brings up and old thread and my new one gets me a message that says "no thread specified". I don't have any saved old journal entries. Dummy me!
    Last edited by Carolyn; March 29th, 2008 at 10:51 AM.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    10"/25"/31"
    Type
    1b/M/ii
    "A Kind Answer Turns Away Anger" NKJ Version
    Previous Journal at the LHC Archives

Type
    2c/M/ii

Not perfect yet! That view of the archives links to the henna removal thread on this page, but the link gives the 'database error'.

Patience, patience...

Iris
    Grew out my henna (February 2007 - August 2009)

Length
    26-31/Chin/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

http://archive.longhaircommunity.com...ad.php?t=62046

I found the 'Links to threads of interest' (you'll have to change the links just as with any other old thread)

But I rather wanted to find the list of hairtoy suppliers - I had thought it was in the 'Links to threads of interest' because wasn't it once a sticky? - anyone know what that thread was called, or have it bookmarked?
    (Student) trapeze artist, acrobat, contortionist and more. Check out me and my partner here!

Length
    18/44/Term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Wasn't that a sticky in the Conventional Products & Hair Accessories? They don't seem to be available now, though.
    Lady Raederlhe of Chocolate Treasures in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Tribute to the KL Knot Photos April Hairtool Challenge Photos
    Renegrays -swearing undyeing loyalty to the silver cause!