Thread: Knee and Beyond

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    1/1/N/A
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: The knee-length and beyond thread

@Gossamer:
    For some strange reason I can't see your photos when they're supposed to appear.

Length
    Pixie/APL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by chen bao jun View Post
    I'd love to see a knee length person with afro curly hair, too. There was a young girl whose mother had her on a website years ago but she shut it down before I ever got interested in super long hair. I don't know if it was straightened or not, I think it was.

To tell the truth, although Quixii in no way has an African hairtype, I enjoy looking at her hair not just because it's gorgeous but because it's so much curlier than you usually see with super long hair. People start out looking super curly and by classic length, it appears to be barely wavy. Even my type 3c hair (definitely afro curly ) is looking much looser than it did at mid back (when stretched ).hard to say if curly hair doesn't usually get long or if when it gets long it usually doesn't look cu r ly anymore. It's amazing to see Quixi s ringlets still going so strong l love it.
    Chen Bao Jun if you google 'alyssaredenti' and go on her Instagram, you will see her awesome hair! She has very curly hair and is at least hip length I think.
    Pixie ~ Chin ~ Shoulder ~ APL - BSL ~ MBL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Tailbone
    Growing out a pixie since May 2012
    Cut back to APL December 2016

Length
    13/35/40
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by xsampa View Post
    @Gossamer:
    For some strange reason I can't see your photos when they're supposed to appear.
    That's because you don't have enough posts yet to see album pictures, I think.

Length
    BSL?/??/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Thank you, meteor, madora, SWR, ashke50, skeletonous, squirrrel, hanne jensen, Panth, lapushka, & Beatnik Guy!

@neko: The tallest heels I can functionally walk in are ~4". The last time I wore my almost 6" heels out, I tripped over myself and fell. Clumsy gossamer!

@DreamSheep: At home, it's only down when it's drying on my weekly wash day and when it's in transition from sleep bun/braid to an updo for the day. Sometimes that means I'm wandering around in the morning with it down for a few minutes while I'm getting dressed, and it definitely gets in the way. I only step on it when I take a step backwards onto it, it's not long enough to actually be underfoot with each step.

@Islandgrrl: Yours is so beautiful!! Mine may be longer, but I'm none too pleased about how thin it gets after knee.

@Bluemuse: Past floor when wet, maybe about an inch short of floor when dry because of shrinkage due to waves.

@AniTa: My SO makes fun of me because I keep talking about cutting but keep putting it off. My hair's been behaving a lot better in the past month or so since I stopped doing LWB and nautilus buns, so it's a lot easier to tolerate at this length. I do want to cut it back to something I can wear down more regularly, but before that I want to take a bunch of pictures at this length (and maybe finish my degree and wear it down at graduation, if I'm able to graduate in June.)

Length
    2/2/2
    Type
    1a/F/i

Gossamer and Islandgrrl wow. As far as thinning below your knees, Gossamer, I honestly didn't even notice. Your hair is absolutely stunning. Islandgrrl, all I can say is that if I saw you and Gossamer walking down the street with your hair down, I'd first end up walking into something, and second my eye would be switching between the two of you so fast, I'd get myself dizzy.

diggem

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Gossamer, what's the problem with the LWB? This is my alltime favourite and I hope being able to wear it forever...

wearing your hair down for graduation sounds wonderful!

lol, we have the same plans. Getting an unmanagable length doing a nice shooting and then cut it!
    Long hair and green cosmetics: http://anitaswelt.wordpress.com

Length
    ../??/Term
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/iii

Quixii, Islandgrrl and Gossamer, you all have such lovely lovely hair! I'm jelly!
    Final Goal: Terminal lengthLady Randiriel, Shepherdess of Tithenmamiwen

Length
    BSL?/??/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

@diggem: well, that's quite the fantasy.

@Ani Ta:It might just be my hair texture, but I was getting a lot of knotting (and sometimes big matted sections) where the stick/fork was inserted into the bun, probably from having to do it loosely enough that I wasn't having pain at my hairline from the weight of the bun pulling on it, which happened when I did a tighter bun. One day, after a huge matted section that took 30+ mins to detangle, I decided no more nautilus/LWB and have been doing a mostly cinnabuns ever since. Haven't had any of the huge tangles after that.

@Shepherdess: Thank you!

Length
    28/49/55/tr
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Gossamer is my hair-o

(couldn't resist the pun sorry )

Islandgrrl Stunning hair!
    He’s taen three locks o her yallow hair,
    An wi them strung his harp sae fair.
    Listen to the music

Type
    2a/M/C/ii

@Gossamer, could be! I'd never be able to do a cinnamon with mine as it gets supertangled then. I love these differences as the make the journey so interesting.
    Long hair and green cosmetics: http://anitaswelt.wordpress.com