I've been at waist for a while, too, and my goal is tailbone. My hair has recently become wavier and looks shorter than waist , but stretched it's definitely around hip area. That's my longest layer and fairytale ends, though, as I'm growing from a shoulder length layered cut without trimming. The shortest layer is currently past BSL.

To reach tailbone I need another 5-6 inches, which I hope I'll get by summer 2009. Since BSL I've had slightly less than average growth speed. Maybe some supplements will speed things up - I've heard good things about kelp and horsetail. I tried miconazole (Daktarin) but haven't had spectacular results.

Recently, I've discovered I really need to put my hair up the majority of the time, especially when out of the house. OK, I might wear my hair down for a night out, but on the way there (and back) it *has* to be safely contained. Otherwise it can tangle badly, not to mention get caught in straps, doors, elbows... I also braid for sleeping.

Now, I hope that someone who has actually reached tailbone will reply to your question, Isilme! I just wanted to join the W2T crowd...