Page 1369 of 1372 FirstFirst ... 36986912691319135913671368136913701371 ... LastLast
Results 13,681 to 13,690 of 13717

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    Short/Waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Quote Originally Posted by Croww View Post
    Hi everyone 👋 I’m at waist with my longest layers, so I graduated from the midback to waist thread. I’m so annoyed at the amount of layers that I got still, it really thinned out the ends. I got layers last year around April and the lady who did it used a razor at the sides of my hair, and added a LOT of layers. I’m just slowly trimming my ends here and there, hopefully I can grow them out.
    I feel your pain. I’m 4 years into growing from a crew cut and the natural layers can really mess with perception. Hopefully, the layers will eventually grow out for you

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I´ve decided to grow my hair back, to SDL (sit-down length, a term I heard from Kelp), which is like TBL but brushes the surface when sitting straight.

I just like TBL as the most aesthetically pleasing length, and it feels like the most hippie length to me (in a good, care-free way).

Am I currently beating myself over my cut to WL last month? Yes... But it taught me one thing (to remember) - I like my stringy ends because I keep them healthy and I don´t care any more what they look like because I am not showing them to anyone and most importantly, I like how that length (TBL) feels.

With shorter, WL length I was also forced to simplify my buns - and realized I don´t need that many. Scrunchie bun for running/outdoors, Spock on the top of the head for its weightlessness, Milady´s bun for its good looks and wearing french/dutch braid without remorse because other buns tend to hurt my scalp. I also simplified my washing routine.

Only a year (and some) of waiting now, to get back to where I was before I set myself back...

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    I´ve decided to grow my hair back, to SDL (sit-down length, a term I heard from Kelp), which is like TBL but brushes the surface when sitting straight.

I just like TBL as the most aesthetically pleasing length, and it feels like the most hippie length to me (in a good, care-free way).

Am I currently beating myself over my cut to WL last month? Yes... But it taught me one thing (to remember) - I like my stringy ends because I keep them healthy and I don´t care any more what they look like because I am not showing them to anyone and most importantly, I like how that length (TBL) feels.

With shorter, WL length I was also forced to simplify my buns - and realized I don´t need that many. Scrunchie bun for running/outdoors, Spock on the top of the head for its weightlessness, Milady´s bun for its good looks and wearing french/dutch braid without remorse because other buns tend to hurt my scalp. I also simplified my washing routine.

Only a year (and some) of waiting now, to get back to where I was before I set myself back...
    TBL/SDL is one of my favourite lengths too it's aesthetically pleasing its one of my major goals

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    TBL/SDL is one of my favourite lengths too it's aesthetically pleasing its one of my major goals
    We have the same goal then, Bat

Length
    BSL/HL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Actually I think SDL is my true goal as well There's something visually pleasing about the idea of sitting down and having your hair cover the entire length of your back. I really enjoy the feeling of my hair brushing against my lower back when I tilt my head. Well, it's probably still gonna be like 2 years to SDL/CL even with no stalls and trims.

Speaking of which, I find the timescales we're talking about on this forum absolutely fascinating. It's completely normal to throw around comments like "4 years to go", "been growing for 10 years". Talk about persistence and commitment.

I hope you don't beat yourself up too much for cutting, Nefcerka, you were feeling bothered by your ends for a long time so your mind probably needed it at this point in time. Try to enjoy your fresh even ends while you grow your hair back!
    I'm fine
    Lady Sarana, Ranger of the Eastern Hills in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    shldr/hip/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I also can even now see that I will really like "SDL" or tailbone length on me. I may grow to classic just to see what it is like, but it may be a tad too long. I'm at hip length now and it's not long enough I love that it's longer than ever before in my adult life, that I have been able to just let it be and grow and not mess with it. I think I was around shoulder length three years ago. I should find some pictures for comparison. I have about 20 cm (or 8") to go to SDL - probably about two years if I want to have a few tiny trims. I'm not in a hurry anymore as hip length is quite long already. I'm noticing splits and breakage at the sides, so I will try to pamper my hair and do S&D's and only very small trims to even up the wispiest ends.

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I got my hair cut again, the ends were looking really scraggly and bad! I enjoyed having a layered cut but it's not a good longterm decision for me.

Before

After

Very happy with the outcome, I got a blunt haircut in the back and had to sacrifice some length to get it even and straight again, but it feels brand new! I'll grow it back for sure, but I'll pay more attention to the ends this time around.
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

pisinoe, looks great! Think it was a good decision. And yes, the hair will grow back.
    Mistä nyt silloin en luopuiskaan, jos vain saisin olla kanssa sinun
    Jospa sä soisitkin vain hymyn mulle

🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

My biggest inspiration for SDL is this lady on IG. I think her hair is drop-dead gorgeous. It´s straight and fine like mine, but she has a whole lot more of it She is also a long-time henna user, so I am frequently seduced into thinking that if I went back to henna, I could get such amazing results, but I know that´s not the case, that even henna will not make such a stunning difference to my own hair.

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Updated my status now to BCL as I've reached that...

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    My biggest inspiration for SDL is this lady on IG. I think her hair is drop-dead gorgeous.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Followed her now.
    Mistä nyt silloin en luopuiskaan, jos vain saisin olla kanssa sinun
    Jospa sä soisitkin vain hymyn mulle

🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc