Thread: Hip | Tailbone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    28/35/44?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Default Re: Hip to TBL

Welcome to the butt thread, Ylva! Rather, the “grow longer than your butt” thread I’m glad your hairdresser didn’t chop too much - I stopped going years ago because I always felt like when I asked for an inch they’d do three.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Meggypoo View Post
    Welcome to the butt thread, Ylva! Rather, the “grow longer than your butt” thread I’m glad your hairdresser didn’t chop too much - I stopped going years ago because I always felt like when I asked for an inch they’d do three.
    Thank you, Meggypoo! I've been in the other thread for a while, actually my hair was hip length for an eternity - many years before I even joined the LHC. Then I grew to TBL, but chopped halfway between hip and BCL to get rid of super thin, damaged ends. I hear about hairdressers cutting off way too much very often, so I was really surprised to have the opposite experience. When I went in for a microtrim, I requested that she take off 1 cm, but she took even less that time as well. That's why I'll reach BCL sooner than expected now.

I will, however, stall myself at TBL to get rid of more damage before continuing onwards to classic.

ETA: Oh, and congratulations for hitting HL! Just saw your post about that. Your hair is beautiful!
    Last edited by Ylva; February 16th, 2019 at 09:28 AM.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    12 in/22 in/30 in
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by shaiyeh View Post
    I'll join in! I hit hip in December, so I'll be around here for a bit ^^
    I don't seem to have a picture from december though, (neither from january or february... oops. Been a busy couple months!) so here's one from november
    november 18 by shai b, on Flickr
    WOW. Soooo pretty. 😍

Length
    28/35/44?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Ooh can’t wait to have you dark40 I’ll probably still be here when you reach hip! I found waist to hip went very fast - felt faster than BSL to waist tho I was still fixing my routine!

So, any big noticeable milestones at hip length for anyone? Personally, I felt as though at hip length I could finally start doing the Big Impressive Long Hair Buns we see so often here, instead of my usual cinnibun. I also can no longer do messy buns, which honestly is good because I think the elastics were the biggest cause of damage to my hair. I think vowing to never use elastics (at least near my scalp) is the single biggest reason I have finally been able to happily grow past BSL. So if anybody is here lurking like I used to... hint hint

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Meggypoo View Post
    Ooh can’t wait to have you dark40 I’ll probably still be here when you reach hip! I found waist to hip went very fast - felt faster than BSL to waist tho I was still fixing my routine!

So, any big noticeable milestones at hip length for anyone? Personally, I felt as though at hip length I could finally start doing the Big Impressive Long Hair Buns we see so often here, instead of my usual cinnibun. I also can no longer do messy buns, which honestly is good because I think the elastics were the biggest cause of damage to my hair. I think vowing to never use elastics (at least near my scalp) is the single biggest reason I have finally been able to happily grow past BSL. So if anybody is here lurking like I used to... hint hint
    Ooohweee! I also can't wait to join you too, Meggypoo Oh yeah, I'm expecting to reach hip by hopefully this summer or fall. Yeah, I know whatcha mean about feeling waist to hip going very fast - feels a lot faster than BSL to waist! That is so very true for me too. It seemed like my hair kept on stalling between MBL to WL.

Length
    23/32,6/40
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

ooh milestones I've been able to make better and prettier bun too, although I havent really tried out a lot of different ones - I'll have to experiment with that! I mostly just twist and wrap my hair and plop a stick in it ^^' But! I can finally make twin buns that have some sort of both shape and size I needed hair donuts for that before, but yesterday I made braided ones and they came out perfect Ofc I didn't take a picture, but I think it's a hairstyle I'll be wearing a lot... cute!
    I don't use elastics either, sometimes I use those tiny rubber bands for the veryyyy ends of my hair (in a braid), because I know I'll be trimming it at some point, or I use a scrunchie, but I haven't worn them near my scalp either since joining lhc when I found out it's a bad thing, haha.

But yeah back to buns, I've been wanting to try the nautilus bun, and also the magnificent braided buns I've seen in the bun thread... maybe with a paranda? :3
    Also, thanks everyone for your kind words about my hair ^___^

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I'm so in! I also missed a thread like this. I've been at hip since may-june last year, and still need some months to hit BCL (I calculated May...)

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristClassic!FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 42,5" - 108cm
    My little braid thread

Quote Originally Posted by Milady_DeWinter View Post
    I'm so in! I also missed a thread like this. I've been at hip since may-june last year, and still need some months to hit BCL (I calculated May...)

So happy you joined us

I am loving all your pics; for being at Hip you do so many gorgeous styles that eludes my shrinking torso/length... as we were just discussing.

Happy growing

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Oops! double-posted sorry.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Hello and welcome Milady_DeWinter! So happy you've joined us! Wow, your braid is gorgeous! I know the feeling of being at the same length for a long time now since may-june of last year. You'll make it BCL sometime this year I think. I'm also hoping to hit BCL at the end of this year also.

Happy Growing
    Last edited by Dark40; February 17th, 2019 at 12:53 PM.