Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Hip | Tailbone

Default Re: Hip to TBL

Quote Originally Posted by Theobroma View Post
    Mine is pretty much exactly an inch past BCL.

For my part, I prefer saying TBL -- I don't think I'd use the term BCL anywhere except on LHC. I know some people IRL would find it a bit weird.
    I use it with friends and coworkers because it makes them giggle and I love to make people laugh.

I am at hip when it's straight. I guess I'll join.

Quote Originally Posted by spirals View Post
    I use it with friends and coworkers because it makes them giggle and I love to make people laugh.

I am at hip when it's straight. I guess I'll join.
    Yay ~ a growing partner

Past hip I'd probably just say "to my butt"; not that anyone will even ask here....they could care less

I'm irritated that it looks waist.

I'm irritated that it looks waist.
    I hear you; yesterday my curls exploded in the humid air and my hemline shrank a couple inches ....and I can't wait to be back at hip again (hopefully @ June)
    So it must be frustrating to have that shrinkage all the time ~ but YOU Know.....and it looks so very pretty with your curls
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; April 2nd, 2016 at 11:19 AM.

Growing back to TBL! &:D LongCurlyTress's Avatar
    Type
    3b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    I hear you; yesterday my curls exploded in the humid air and my hemline shrank a couple inches ....and I can't wait to be back at hip again (hopefully @ June)
    So it must be frustrating to have that shrinkage all the time ~ but YOU Know.....and is looks so very pretty with your curls
    I know how it is. I know how it is...

PS I love your siggy GG!! So...you sure about that permanent hair toy time out?? LOL!!

July, 2016 @ 37inches TBL

Quote Originally Posted by LongCurlyTress View Post
    I know how it is. I know how it is...

PS I love your siggy GG!! So...you sure about that permanent hair toy time out?? LOL!!
    Thanks! Yep I am sure.... I have been overly indulgent the past few months

At Easter I went to show my sister-in-law a ponytail holder form 'pinswithpersonality' and for a sec forgot where it was.
    Yeah it was a senior moment and it was where I put it (just had fallen below some scrunchies), but for a minute I was 'alarmed' that I had no idea where it was.
    Until now I have used and know every toy I have, and I do NOT ever want to go beyond that point!

I have more than enough to mix and match with hairstyles and clothing as it is.
    It became a hobby....and an inspiration to grow from chin; my smallest hair toys are still used as embellishments or half ups.

And there is storage ~ I have a small drawer for claws, combs, scrunchies, pins....all the basic stuff; and a wicker silverware basket for all my good hair toys.

Yesterday I put all my ficcares and clips in a small wicker basket that they can stand in, and all my blingy jeweled barrettes and claws are in a clear glass jar with a lid.

That's as far as I wish to spread my storage out to.....oh, and 2 birch bark headbands from Russia that I will also display in a carved birch bark butterfly napkin holder stand.
    Their barrettes and crafts are gorgeous

Yup....done; I even just bought the big 33oz bottles of our shampoos and conditioners to save on those.

Now to grow .....and style..... and enjoy ALL my pretty hair toys

*Pretty avatar LCT

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    So it must be frustrating to have that shrinkage all the time ~ but YOU Know.....and it looks so very pretty with your curls
    Awww. My fairytale ends (artificially created by old damage and layers) look better with my natural texture, but I usually wear it brushed out, since I don't wash every day, and it's only curly on wash day. I am really struggling with how thin it looks at the last two inches. They are kind of transparent. I'm debating whether I should just wear it up until tailbone and then trim to hip or to cut off 2" now. If I cut it now buns will be hard again. I suppose if I wear it down I could make the effort to use curl refresher that day. Another option is to wet set it until tailbone, but I'm often too busy for that. Well, I could make time. Should I post a pic of my brushed-out waves vs my curly fairytales?
    Last edited by spirals; April 2nd, 2016 at 04:25 PM.

Awww. My fairytale ends (artificially created by old damage and layers) look better with my natural texture, but I usually wear it brushed out, since I don't wash every day, and it's only curly on wash day. I am really struggling with how thin it looks at the last two inches. They are kind of transparent. I'm debating whether I should just wear it up until tailbone and then trim to hip or to cut off 2" now. If I cut it now buns will be hard again. I suppose if I wear it down I could make the effort to use curl refresher that day. Another option is to wet set it until tailbone, but I'm often too busy for that. Well, I could make time. Should I post a pic of my brushed-out waves vs my curly fairytales?
    Sure

Your avatar is gorgeous!

OK probably this weekend. And thank you. That pic is from maybe 1.5, 2 years ago, but that's pretty representative of summer curls.

OK probably this weekend. And thank you. That pic is from maybe 1.5, 2 years ago, but that's pretty representative of summer curls.