Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhassoul Clay

Length
    Buzz/SL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Rhassoul Clay

Hi fellow LHCers! (it felt really great to be able to write that!)

I've just started washing my hair with Rhassoul clay, and after just the first wash, i'm hooked! i loooooove how it makes my hair feel.
    Voluminus, bouncy, more body, clean and it feels like it stays clean for way longer than with CO (for me anyway, who have a problem with greasy roots). Plus it fels creamy and gentle, and it is just as detangling as any conditioner.

Now i'm curious if anyone else uses this wonderful product, and if you have eay tips for experiments? Next time i'm thinking of mixing in some honey and aloe vera for extra moisture.
    So, how do you use your Rhassoul? And how is it working out for you? Are there any downsides?

Many thankas/ linnepinne

Length
    ear/BSL29/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Rhassoul Clay

This looks interesting, I have never heard of it before... I might have to give it a go

Length
    pixie/Nape/25+
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Can you talk about the process you used? And rinsing and such?

Length
    Buzz/SL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Right, so this is what i did today:

I used a small plastic bottle (empty shampoo bottle for traveling) and shook toghether 1 tbsp of clay and mayble 50 ml of water (you'll probably need more with thicker hair). It gets quite runny this way, but its easier to spread through the hair IMO.
    Then i made a CWC using first a cheap conditioner just to protect my ends. I used the bottle, witch has a small opening to evenly distribute the "goo" all over my roots. I massaged really well and let it sit for maybe 5 minutes. Then i rinsed well (don't forget to rinse of the shower too, or else it will look awful and dirty (though it's not) the next time you shower. The clay easily gets splattered everywhere.), and then i added my "good" cone free conditioner. Let that sit for the rest of the shower session and rinsed again.

My hair feels really thick, clean and fresh! Good luck

Length
    pixie/Nape/25+
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Hmmm....sounds interesting. You have piqued my curiousity Worst comes to worse I could use it on my skin as a mask if I don't like it in my hair.

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

It is usually used to pull the oil from your face, isn't it? I wonder if this wouldn't be too drying over time. I wonder if you could use it as a dust for a dry shampoo, just to get out the greasy roots?

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.

Length
    Buzz/SL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Yes it makes an exellent facemask!

Hm, i dont think it is that drying... But i guess i will know in time To me it feels very mild, cleansing but gentle, and on my facial skin aswell.

I would not recomend to use it as a dry shampoo! It's brown in coulour (might work if you're dark haired i suppose), and what if you start to sweat and the dry clay becomes mud in your roots? Well maybe if you massage it in, let it sit for a while , and then brush or comb out? Something to experiment with for sure!

Length
    21/23/waist
    Type
    1a/F/i

Where did you buy the rhassoul please?

Length
    Buzz/SL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I bought it from a swedish company that sells ingredients for natural and herbal beauty care. Their website is www.crearome.se

But it might be useless to you, since the website and company is swedish! I would reccomend you to google it, there must be somewhere you can get a hold of it. Best of luck!

Swedish-Italian Anglophile lost in Florida
    Length
    shldr/APL/WL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Hello linnepinne

I haven't tried crearome's rhassoul, but I bought some from another Swedish store, and another jar from a British one.. it worked really well for getting the excess coconut oil out of my hair and it made it pretty shiny.. but I was pretty disappointed by it apart from that. My mom used to live in Morocco and she always says the rhassoul she bought at the market there was the thing that saved her bleached to pieces hair (or should I say straw), that it felt like silk or eggwhite when she put it in her hair.. she tried the ones I got but said they were nothing like it.

In Morocco people usually mix it with a bit of argan oil. That's what I do too, otherwise my hair would get way too dry. But I don't know if the rhassoul clay I got is 100 % pure or if it's bad quality or whatever.
    Madame Bovary's Basement * ~ * ~ * ~ Transatlantic Impressions * ~ * ~ * ~ My facebook

Shoulder - APL - BSL - waist - hip - tailbone