Thread: Hairfall using rosemary rinse????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    Ear/SL/BSL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Hairfall using rosemary rinse????

I made rosemary rinse by boiling a tablespoon of dried rosemary leaves in a cup of water and then put it on my scalp and hair for the next 5 days.
    I thought my hair fell out quite a bit. But i thought it must have some other reason and went without the rinse for the next 5 days. The hairfall was less.
    Then I used it again and my hairfall seemed to increase.
    It can't be due to the rosemary can it? Its herbal and lots of people swear by it AND its a remedy for hairfall, so how can it cause hairfall?
    I didn't develop any other reaction to it.
    I haven't been doing anything else to my hair I don't usually do.
    Please help.

Type
    1a/M/ii

I do rosemary rinces at the end of my washing rootine, but I wash the rince off after about 5 minutes. Though as far as I know there's no problem with leaving it on (I just don't like the smell so much...)
    I don't boil the herbs though, I pour very hot (almost boiling) water over them and let it sit covered in the cup for about 30 minutes untill it cools.

Maybe the boiling of the herbs released something that caused more shedding?
    Last edited by Night_Kitten; October 24th, 2010 at 06:19 AM. Reason: spelling...

Length
    Ear/SL/BSL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hairfall using rosemary rinse????

OK, then. i'll try with steeping.

I tried catnip right after I joined the boards and read about the great experiences many people had had with it. Right away I notice my hair shed in the shower was doubled. I tried it twice, rinsing it out both times, and neither time was a help to my hair. Herbs react differently with each person; another woman's hair shed more because of catnip as well. I would hope you find another herb that can help in the same way as rosemary.

Length
    28/28/52
    Type
    4a/4b/M/iii

Depending on how much of the herb you used, you might have made the mix too concentrated, which can cause irritation, especially if your scalp is not used to rosemary. I prefer to use rosemary essential oil, because then I can measure how much rosemary I use.