Thread: cinnamon for hair growth a myth?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: cinnamon for hair growth a myth?

Just to add,panthenol also said to be good for growth.If not the cinnamon,the panthenol in your mixture will help

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I'm taking cinnamon capsules for other health reasons. I wonder if that might boost my growth rate at all.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    <bsl/waist/hip

Bringing up a really old thread here lol, but I started thinking about using cinnamon oil for hair loss again.I stopped using it before I got results because the smell lingered too long, but my dad did used it religously and had alot of regrowth in his balding areas.He did use cinnamon spirit though, not cinnamon oil. The ingredients in that were cinnamon oil, alcohol,and propylene glycol. Has anyone else tried this?
    Last real cut - Jan 2009

Length
    chin/hip/hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jezebel17 View Post
    Bringing up a really old thread here lol, but I started thinking about using cinnamon oil for hair loss again.I stopped using it before I got results because the smell lingered too long, but my dad did used it religously and had alot of regrowth in his balding areas.He did use cinnamon spirit though, not cinnamon oil. The ingredients in that were cinnamon oil, alcohol,and propylene glycol. Has anyone else tried this?

Really old thread, and almost a year after the question was posted but...

I would think that a product that contained alcohol and propylene glycol would be very drying to the hair. Maybe not an issue if a short haired person (your dad) was using it, but I don't think a long hair should try it. Just my opinion, though. maybe someone has tried it?

Also, I remember taking cayenne pepper capsules when I was young to help with circulation problems (nosebleeds). I wonder if it would help circulation to the scalp= hair growth??