Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cinnamon for hair growth a myth?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default cinnamon

Quote Originally Posted by jezebel17 View Post
    I applied some of the cinnamon extract on a small area where I have some thinning last night and so far I have no irritation.
    these are the ingredients in the formula:cinnamon extract, vitamin e, D-panthenol and natural oils.
    jezebel

Since you have had no irritation, you are not allergic to it and from the ingredient list, the cinnamon is diluted enough not to be a problem.

Good luck!

Blewyn Euraid
    Length
    TB/TB/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I was just thinking- it may not be a link but its possible. Throughout Jan Feb March and April I was eating approx 1-2 teespoons of ground cinnamon mostly everyday and during that time my growth rate doubled. I cant think of any other changes so maybe the cinnamon caused it? I grew my normal rate during May and I stopped the cinnamon?

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default cinnamon

Saranne772

There may well be a link.

However - there are some concerns about the amount of cinnamon one ingests and its coumarin content.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=419

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=420

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=421

This thread on caffeine and hair growth looks promising - with cautions, IMO
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ead.php?t=5958
    Last edited by ktani; June 2nd, 2008 at 08:56 AM. Reason: added link and text

Default Re: cinnamon for hair growth a myth?

I think it would be interesting to know if taking a cinnamon extract supplement, or eating additional cinnamon would also help or make a difference. Cinnamon extract is very good for you, and really helps with digestion and metabolism. So I would think you'd at least benefit from it in one way or another. The site where I get my supplements sells it, along with the oil. Plus, adding a little cinnamon here and there in coffee or whatever is nice as well.
    Last edited by SilverLocks; December 3rd, 2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: remove spam

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

It'd probably stimulate blood flow, which has been reported to stimulate growth as well, so maybe.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Just to add,panthenol also said to be good for growth.If not the cinnamon,the panthenol in your mixture will help

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I'm taking cinnamon capsules for other health reasons. I wonder if that might boost my growth rate at all.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    <bsl/waist/hip

Bringing up a really old thread here lol, but I started thinking about using cinnamon oil for hair loss again.I stopped using it before I got results because the smell lingered too long, but my dad did used it religously and had alot of regrowth in his balding areas.He did use cinnamon spirit though, not cinnamon oil. The ingredients in that were cinnamon oil, alcohol,and propylene glycol. Has anyone else tried this?
    Last real cut - Jan 2009

Length
    chin/hip/hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jezebel17 View Post
    Bringing up a really old thread here lol, but I started thinking about using cinnamon oil for hair loss again.I stopped using it before I got results because the smell lingered too long, but my dad did used it religously and had alot of regrowth in his balding areas.He did use cinnamon spirit though, not cinnamon oil. The ingredients in that were cinnamon oil, alcohol,and propylene glycol. Has anyone else tried this?

Really old thread, and almost a year after the question was posted but...

I would think that a product that contained alcohol and propylene glycol would be very drying to the hair. Maybe not an issue if a short haired person (your dad) was using it, but I don't think a long hair should try it. Just my opinion, though. maybe someone has tried it?

Also, I remember taking cayenne pepper capsules when I was young to help with circulation problems (nosebleeds). I wonder if it would help circulation to the scalp= hair growth??

I have noted this, I will add it to my expanding list of things to try.

I wonder if having something like cinnamon in baking would also work, or would the active ingredient be reduced by the prolonged heat.