Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: show me your natural color versus your hennaed hair

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default show me your natural color versus your hennaed hair

ok so i was thinking it would be fun and interesting to see how much henna changes hairs color..
    maybe then people can see others with simalar haircolors to see what color henna would make their hair..

ok so here is me sophmore in high school half awake during first period looking mad at my teacher for making us take our pictures.. i havent seen my natural color since then.. its sort of auburn but the reddishness shows better in the sun

now i look at my current hair color.. i think this picture captures the color properly though the pic is a bit blurred.. i think i used my camera phone to capture it

this is my mickey mouse hairdo.. it looks a bit different now that my hair has grown..

this one captures the brightness of the red well

also what is your henna mix? mine used to be straight henna full head then it morphed into roots only with a bit of conditioner.. now i think im going to do root only glosses to get to a middle color between the color i have now and my natural color
    Last edited by squiggyflop; June 1st, 2008 at 07:37 PM.
    can i call this classic length

Length
    pixie/knee/knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Fortunately (or not, heh) I have an inch or so of natural color at the moment, so here's a very current shot of what the henna's going over:
    (please ignore the greasies)

Here's what the rest of it looks like:

In natural light, it looks a bit more like this.

My recipe is very simple; henna, hot water, a little orange or lemon juice. I usually glop everything up--doing just roots is such a pain, and it doesn't seem to be darkening significantly--and leave it on for one or two hours.

June 2007, May 2011

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

My last picture of my natural hair was immediately before it started to grey, or within a few months at least. It was many years ago. I have no later pics of it since I went drugstore after that and stayed that way until henna.

And with henna:

Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Without henna: See bottom half of signature picture. With henna: See top half of signature picture. Yes, we only did half my hair, and we got a pretty good color match.

The mix is 50/50 henna/indigo. My hair is pretty dye resistant, and the indigo tends to fade off, and we do roots only so that each bit of hair only gets 1-2 coats of dye. Thus the total amount of color change is fairly minor, but it partially covers my grays.

Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters

Type
    2c/M/C/iii

There's not much difference, as I just did a henna gloss, but here's before:

and here's after:

This is fresh--so still glowing! After a few days it began to fade, and now, it looks almost like the old picture.

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

my photos are in my album.
    this shows it.
    the change is only noticable in the sun. i only hennad my previously dyed hair.
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

My roots end and then the henna starts. It's brown-ish, basically. Here's an old pic of my hennaed (and much longer) hair.

I'm growing it out, no more henna for me anymore, at least until I have all virgin hair and decide if I want to again or not.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I use it to cover grays:

before:

after:

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

This was mine taken February of 2007~
    (signature for comparison)
    hahaha I forgot to add what I use
    I had been using H4H's henna and it was very chestnut in color, but I switched to Jamilla because I can get it locally, 1.99 for 100 grams. I recently started using amla in the mix but don't have a picture of my hair now.
    I use red wine as most of my liquid and add in some clove tea and an essential oil of choice for that given day (last time I used star anise and was told I smelled like a bag of candy ) and as mentioned I add in some amla now (1 T per 200 grams).
    Last edited by Euphony; June 2nd, 2008 at 08:25 AM. Reason: henna mix
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

hmmmm.. very interesting to see how different results can be on different natural colors

riot curl your hair is the color i want mine to be.. i think if i switch to roots only glosses the new growth will be that color.. my hair always seems to need 4 inches or more a year of trims so ill have all one color before i know it..
    can i call this classic length