Thread: coarse, crinkly hairs?

Length
    chin/neck/BSL+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default coarse, crinkly hairs?

Recently I've noticed that I get a lot of short, coarse, crinkly hairs right around my part and crown of the head. They are not just wavy, but tightly crimped, almost like pubic hair. They also come out very easily, so they are not like my normal hair at all, which is straight and fine. I am assuming this is some sort of breakage, but I have no idea what is causing it. I'd like to know so I can stop whatever I am doing!

Length
    chin/long/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: coarse, crinkly hairs?

While I'm not sure what causes it, I just figured I would let you know that you aren't alone. I have these as well. I've also noticed that these odd hairs are usually a darker color than most of the rest of my hair ( dark brown as opposed to light) and are usually thicker. I just assumed that it was a variation of textures. I hope it's not damage.

I noticed that we are about the same age... maybe that has something to do with it? Do hair textures change as people get older?

Hopefully others will chime in with a more concrete answer. lol

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I have these too I like them though and dont pull mine out,I just wish they would hurry up and grow.

Account Closed by Member Request

I have a lot of these...they're just coarse hairs. There's noting to worry about. I wouldn't go pulling them out because, well, a coarse hair is better than no hair there at all! When I first saw these, I used to pull them out and eventually noticed a bald spot....not worth it, because it took me years to grow them back...they're still coarse.

I have a mixture of fine, medium and coarse hair on my head; I suspect everyone else has a mix, too.

The Last Hairbender Dreams_in_Pink's Avatar
    Length
    pob/Hip/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Coarse hair is not pubic hair. It's just another type of hair and it has its advantages and disadvantages. Granted, they may not look sleek and smooth, but they're the ultimate source of volume and thickness. I have a whole head of coarse hairs and never feel the need to backcomb for volume. I just create a side-part and instantly have a few inches of bump on my head.

Chin /// Shoulder /// APL /// BSL ///Waist /// Hip /// BCL /// Tailbone /// Classic (final goal) /// All one length Classic