Good news - in working with one affected user today I was able to successfully re-link all of their old posts with their new account. Also, I was able to recover their blog, photo albums, and visitor messages. Some things stay lost (like PMs, and I don't yet know about Articles). This can take a little time so please be patient as I rebuild your account once you have contacted me.

So, I have only heard from 2 people directly so far. If you see someone in this situation and you know how to get ahold of them, please contact them and encourage them to contact us. You can recognize them when you see posts with their name but then it says "Guest" as the account.

If you contact us directly about it, there is nothing we can do. They must contact us. We cannot make contact because their email address was stored in their user account settings, which is now gone. Furthermore, many of the email addresses in question were defunct anyway, which is why they were in the "awaiting verification" group in the first place.

Thanks!