Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: things to make your hair smell good?

Length
    APL/HIP/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default things to make your hair smell good?

Ok so my Chi Silk infusion smells amazing but I only use it once after a wash now and I wash 3x a weeks. I had a couple other super coney products that smelled great and I would use between washings but without them and the addition of the oils, the light scent from my conditioner is gone after a day

Any suggestions?

Default Re: things to make your hair smell good?

I don't know if they're safe (i.e. damaging) but what about essential oil and water in a spray bottle or perfume?

Rodent Of Unusual Size Capybara's Avatar
    Length
    chin/BCL/clsc
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

This may not be an option for you, but I find that I can make the secnt of a product last by letting my hair dry styled (ie. braided, in a bun, etc). When I take it down the next day, the fragrance is much stronger than if I air dry it as usual (down).
    I feel like a longhair again! Retire Your Ruler for 90 Days!

Length
    APL/HIP/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Capybara....thanks I can def give that a shot!

Length
    14/?/65
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I use a lavendar shampoo from puritans pride.com and suave lavendar and lilac conditioner. I bun when slightly damp and when I take it down the scent wafts up to my nose...I second the essential oils.. I will be trying this since I like a good sniff...
    :drama:

Length
    SHLDR/32/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Aveda PureFume hair gloss is coney but it makes your hair smell amazing! Almost 20 years ago, my friend introduced me to it because she was a heavy smoker and it would take the cig smell away from her hair.

Length
    Shldr/BSL/Term
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

I have this zum spray that smells pretty nice (lemon and geranium) and I like to use it on my hair, my clothes, or on my room when i can remember. You can make your own though, the only reason I got it was because it came free with the soap. You can get the ingredients anywhere, although you can also look into buying hydrosols from mountainroseherbs.com (an alternative to the EO in water mix). I'm not that informed on them though...

Zum Spray Ingredients (the company is called indigo wild):
    Purified water, pure essential oils, aloe and vegetable glycerin.
    Last edited by Lollipop; July 6th, 2011 at 09:23 PM.
    I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

Length
    APL/HIP/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by 1953Diygal View Post
    Aveda PureFume hair gloss is coney but it makes your hair smell amazing! Almost 20 years ago, my friend introduced me to it because she was a heavy smoker and it would take the cig smell away from her hair.
    ooooh I will look into that. I'm not opposed to using a little bit of a coney product once a week (actually my hair needs it right now). That's one thing that I hate...co workers smoking and me going home wreaking of cigs. Yick. I quit nearly two years ago and never realized how bad it smelled! Ugh I feel horrible for anyone I ever smoked around.

I've been trying some EO but haven't found any I like and/or last yet...

Banned
    Length
    25/40+/fin

You can always wet your hands, add a little of the conditioner you like to smell ( a pea size amount at first) and rub it on your hands then run your fingers/hands through your hair.

Or use Bpal (essential oil perfumes) or a little bit of essential oil on your hands, run through hair.

That way, your oils or conditioner are working as a styling aid and making your hair smell good at the same time.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    BSL/Clasi/KNEES
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lollipop View Post
    I have this zum spray that smells pretty nice (lemon and geranium) and I like to use it on my hair, my clothes, or on my room when i can remember. You can make your own though, the only reason I got it was because it came free with the soap. You can get the ingredients anywhere, although you can also look into buying hydrosols from mountainroseherbs.com (an alternative to the EO in water mix). I'm not that informed on them though...

Zum Spray Ingredients (the company is called indigo wild):
    Purified water, pure essential oils, aloe and vegetable glycerin.

ohhh I have to try this!!! thanks!!