Thread: How often should i henna my hair? and Q about Glossing?

Length
    18in/36in/Tb
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Question How often should i henna my hair? and Q about Glossing?

So as most of you prob already know im new to hennaing my hair and i already love it just after doing it once. I went to the movies tonight and got 3 complements on my hair (2 about shine, 1 about color) So I have 2 questions for ya.

How often should i henna my hair with straight henna mix that i have left over in the freezer?

What is a gloss, How do i do a gloss and how often should i gloss?

Thank you for all your help so far. I wouldn't know what to do without you!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: How often should i henna my hair? and Q about Glossing?

Hi there! the good thing about henna is you can do it as often as you like but please be aware the more you henna, the darker it will get.

A henna gloss is where you add just 1-2 tbs of henna either straight into a cup of conditioner or you can mix it with water or lemon juice and leave to develop and then mix it with conditioner. Its a watered down version of a full henna, but due to its dilution the colour isnt as in your face as a full henna but the benefits of shine and softness to hair are there.

I prefer glosses as they only take an hour on my hair to get the benefits plus they do fade a little overtime (though I only speak for myself, my hair has a hard time holding on to any dye). Glosses are a good choice too for those who have achieved the colour they want with a full henna and don't want to go darker.

Many on here just full henna the roots and then do a gloss on the length. Its entirely up to you how often you do your henna but no harm apart from it going darker (maybe this is a good thing for some) will occur to your hair, make sure its BAQ henna too from a well known seller!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    18in/36in/Tb
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: How often should i henna my hair? and Q about Glossing?

Oh thank you thank you!!!! I think i will do a henna gloss soon