Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My castor oil experiment results after 4 weeks (pics)

Length
    FLIP/APL/CLA
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: My castor oil experiment results after 4 weeks (pics)

I do comb it through with my wooden comb, since I'm washing it out the next morning anyway. I will then braid up my oily hair and once it's done I apply a drop or two to the tail of my braid. I don't know if it's doing more than just moisturizing, but my hair feels amazing! Only time will tell if I'm getting thickness as well as length, but with all the new sprouts I'm willing to bet I will.
    Lady Vanlanthiriel of the Cascading Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    2b/ M / ii - started castor oil blend Aug 1, 2011
    Current: APL l Goal: Waist

Length
    FLIP/APL/CLA
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Nightowl, I think it's the castor oil causing the mega growth, although massaging will certainly help because it brings blood to the scalp from the stimulation, this is why I love using my wooden comb on my scalp and my Sonia Kashuk bristle brush also gives a good massage when I brush after the combing. The castor oil massage is REALLY nice when I have a headache, too. Feels wonderful
    Lady Vanlanthiriel of the Cascading Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    2b/ M / ii - started castor oil blend Aug 1, 2011
    Current: APL l Goal: Waist

Length
    18.5"/23"/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/i

Quote Originally Posted by archel View Post
    Nightowl, I think it's the castor oil causing the mega growth, although massaging will certainly help because it brings blood to the scalp from the stimulation, this is why I love using my wooden comb on my scalp and my Sonia Kashuk bristle brush also gives a good massage when I brush after the combing. The castor oil massage is REALLY nice when I have a headache, too. Feels wonderful
    I concur with the relaxation factor......

I was out shopping with my DH for a new shampoo for him (American Crew discontinued their peppermint one he loved) and we came across a lavender shampoo.
    Since I use Lavender EO with my castor oil massages - when I took a whiff of this shampoo........ I suddenly felt the urge to go massage my head in dimly lit room and then go to sleep
    LOL
    Medicine (Elmiron) caused damage, thinning, and hair loss for a year....
    Back on it due to lack of options for my medical condition
    Growing to BSL in defiance, praying it won't be as bad 2nd time around

Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

[IMG]C:\Users\ABC\Desktop\hair\DSC04208.JPG[/IMG]

Length
    EL/BSL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

O I love your results, your hair looks sooo gorgeous!

I started applying 50/50 castor and sweet almond oil last week, I plan on doing it twice a week, I hope it works for me too!
    I hope it grows quicker and thickens, I have really think hair on top of my head....
    Ear - Chin - *cut out layers* - SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL
    Yarok low poo alternating with BodyShop Rainforest Shine CO - Rosemary/ACV rinse - Coconut oil once a week

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

I've been using Castor Oil for about two weeks but I don't leave it on my hair and scalp overnight. I mix about 50:50 Castor Oil and Coconut Oil and massage in my scalp and hair and leave in for about an hour or two before shampooing out. I haven't had any results yet, but I'm going to keep doing it for at least a couple of months. I enjoy it but I think I'll pour a little more Coconut Oil in the bottle to thin the mix a bit just to make it more enjoyable. Castor Oil isn't really pleasant, but I've been putting straight Castor Oil on my fingernails and cuticles before bed and my cuticles are 98% no hangnails for the first time in my life!

Length
    ???/31"/40"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

wow your results are dramatic. I have been letting up on my castor oil scalp massages due to laziness but this is promising that it actually yields results. Your hair looks so much healthier and thicker!

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bunzfan View Post
    As there have been a lot of people raving about how castor oil massaged into you scalp at least a couple times a week helped their growth rate i decided to give it a try as i thought it might help with my dry scalp.

I have been applying a mixture of castor/grape seed oil between 3-5 times a week as its really helped my dry itchy scalp if i don't do it now my scalp itches like mad.

Anyway to the pictures.

So what do you guys think can you see a difference? the picture with me is the green top is 4 weeks after starting this, for myself i can see a real difference in my thickness

Your results are quite AMAZING!!! They have prompted me to go out and buy some castor oil for myself. Do you think I will still get the same results with the castor oil mixed with coconut?

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

wow, I can really notice a difference in the thickness in your hair!!
    I've some castor oil in the house, along with grapeseed oil and little bottles to mix...guess what I'm doing after knitting club tonight

Length
    5/20/40
    Type
    1a/1b/C/ii/iii

I've used castor oil mixed with grapeseed oil on my hair 2 times and it made my hair reeeeaaally soft and shiny. It's too early to tell if it helped hair growth. The only problem is that I have very thick hair and it's a pain in the bottom washing it off. Is there any light oil or mix that you can leave on the hair (not rinse aftewards)? Thanks!