Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Boar Bristle Brushes (BBB)

Length
    TERM/CHIN/SHLDR
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Default Re: Boar Bristle Brushes (BBB)

Duplicate post.
    Last edited by GrowingGlory; July 26th, 2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: duplicate, please remove. thank you.

Length
    TERM/CHIN/SHLDR
    Type
    1c/C/iii

There is a Kent Ladies 100% BBB that is similar to a MP for sale through ebay for $20. It can be found by searching "boar bristle brush". HTH

Length
    PIXIE/CHIN/BSL
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I recently joined the LHC, and purchased a BBB. I really like it. I use it about twice a day. When my hair is damp I finger comb, and add either coconut, camellia, or avocado oil to the ends. I also like to add Fox's leave-in to my ends. After finger combing I let it dry for about 5-10 minutes. Then I use my wide tooth pick to detangle/comb. I do this every 5-10 minutes until my hair is dry. Once my hair is dry I use gently a fine tooth comb. I also scrunch my ends because they curl (which is new!). After all of this my hair is very detangled. Then I gently flip my head over and give my hair about 10-15 gentle but firm passes with my BBB. Then I turn back over and finish with my wide tooth pick. I do this about twice a day. My BBB is 100% boar bristles as well, they're firm, and do a great job cleaning the scalp and moving the oil down the length. I bought mine at a store like Target here in France, it as about $25. If I was in the U.S. I would buy a Goody BBB. If Madora uses that brand so will I, her hair is amazing!

Length
    21/24/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...categoryId=B70

this is the one i use. i really like it and it's bristles are 100% boar. i think i paid about $20 for it.

Length
    24/36/38
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I have two, actually. They are both by Conair. One is a paddle type, the other is round. I think I may try to sell the round one...
    Lady Lillica, Maiden of the Verdant Fields in the Order of the Long Haired Knights || Goal: BCL with NO dye damage remaining!

Length
    20 in/32 in/45 in
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

I have the Mason Pearson mixed nylon and boar bristle brush, which I love, for some reason all of the other brand pure boar bristle brushes I have bought in the past do not actually brush my hair they just kind of smooth over the top layer of my hair which I find frustrating as I want the brush to literally brush my hair down to the scalp.
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong but the last pure boar bristle brush I bought was from Sally's for about $10 and I ended up giving it to my kitty and he loves it! So no harm no foul but still...

Length
    Shldr/Waist/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

My BBB is great for smoothing updos and bringing oil from my scalp to my ends. Sometimes I'll rub some jojoba oil on my palm of my hand, then rub the BBB on my palm to pick up some oil, then brush it through my hair
    "Here is adventure. Here is romance. Here is mystery. Tropical rivers - silently flowing into the unknown. The unbelievable splendor of exotic flowers...the eerie sound of the jungle...with eyes that are always watching."

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I love BB brushes. Too bad they are not vegan, but meh At least those boars are not killed because of their bristles.

I just bought a Mason Pearson handy mixed brush, I got it very cheap from ebay 38£! Hope I wont regret buying a mixed one, something tells me I will still buy a large Mason Pearson 100% BB in the far future...

I had one cheapo BBB, but I lost it. It really made my hair smooth and shiny and was essential if I did WO washes.

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I bought one when I joined LHC because of all the wonderful things I'd heard. But I almost never use it... I do not like it. My hair turns into a giant, fluffy, frizzball when I do. So now I just comb the length and use a cheapy plastic bristle brush on my bangs because that's what works for me.

I guess nobody else has this problem with the BBB?

Length
    chin/BSL+/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I use a brush from a brand called Hercules Saegemann. It has natural boar bristles mixed with polyamide bristles. I used to use a pure bbb but I couldn't get it through my hair right and ended up doing more harm than good. I use my brush once my hair is dry from a wash to distribute the oil I put in it (my favourite is jojoba for now). I also use it sometimes to smooth my hair down before doing an updo. I don't find it necessary to use it everyday (as I wash 1-2 times a week and practically never have a need for a very put-together updo) but it does save me some headache when I do use it. I wash it after two-three uses.
    Too lazy to make a new siggy.