Thread: Reactions to pigtails

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    BSL/BCL/TB
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Reactions to pigtails

Yikes! I wear my hair in twin braids all of the time and I didn't realize that it was so frowned upon! I haven't noticed any weird reactions to mine yet. I doubt I'll stop wearing them anytime soon!

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I had a friend in high school who wore her hip-length hair in braided pigtails (the style that starts just behind each ear) nearly every day. I only saw her without them a very few times, it was always an event when she didn't. I never knew her to get negative comments, except once when a teacher made an aside to me. O.o She cut her gorgeous hair to shoulder length after she graduated, though.

I haven't worn pigtails since elementary school I think, but not for any particular reason. Maybe I'll do it this week.

Length
    21.5/28/34/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ouseljay View Post
    I had a friend in high school who wore her hip-length hair in braided pigtails (the style that starts just behind each ear) nearly every day. I only saw her without them a very few times, it was always an event when she didn't. I never knew her to get negative comments, except once when a teacher made an aside to me. O.o She cut her gorgeous hair to shoulder length after she graduated, though.

I haven't worn pigtails since elementary school I think, but not for any particular reason. Maybe I'll do it this week.
    This story reminds me of a girl in elementary school as well, she wore two braids everyday as long as I can remember and then one time she wore here hair down I still remember that, it was amazing!!! this is 35 years later and I still remember her hair
    No matter how much you hate your hair someone wishes they could have it!

Length
    21/26/32
    Type
    1c/F/i

I wear pigtails a lot in the summer to keep cool. I get very few comments on them, but the few I do get are positive.

Beware of old creepy men who gawk at girls in pigtails.......that schoolgirl fantasy never really goes away huh

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Well, see - to me those aren't pigtails. Pigtails are those little girly things that come off the side of the head just above the level of the ear, and it's either two ponytails or two braided ponytails.

What you have are twin braids. Nothing wrong with that! I've never seen a negative look when I've worn my hair that way.
    Yes they are, at least in the UK and probably Canada, as that's where the OP is posting from. Terminology is apparently different in the US, and even in different parts of the US, but there's a whole thread on that, which I'm too lazy to look for!

Quote Originally Posted by McFearless View Post
    Beware of old creepy men who gawk at girls in pigtails.......that schoolgirl fantasy never really goes away huh
    Ummm ... pretends not to gawk... creepy? Me? Besides, she's not wearing a gymslip. Oops, perhaps I'd better not say more.

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

love 'em!
    my neighbor is in her 60s and still wears them.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Well, see - to me those aren't pigtails. Pigtails are those little girly things that come off the side of the head just above the level of the ear, and it's either two ponytails or two braided ponytails.

What you have are twin braids. Nothing wrong with that! I've never seen a negative look when I've worn my hair that way.

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post

I fully agree, that's exactly what pigtails are. They are adorable for the 5 and under crowd

Jeno86

I love pigtails!
    This: http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photo...99240_7964.jpg was the last time I wore them, so about 3 years ago. I've yet to get a negative reaction to them. I either get called the Goth Sailor Moon or Abby from NCIS. Either way, awesome.

On a side note: yes I had damaged hair in that photo (wish I had known about this site back then), which resulted in it being cut to my chin not too long after.