Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Triple Nutrition - I love/hate it

Length
    BSL/Hip?/Hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Red face Triple Nutrition - I love/hate it

I've heard many, many good things about this conditioner. One person even called it the "Holy Grail of conditioners". So, I just had to try it out. I finally used up the jumbo bottle of old conditioner I had so I bought the Triple Nutrition and used it for the first time this morning. I didn't really notice anything different at the time. I CWC'd, combed out the tangles like I normally do, and headed out the door. My hair is fully dry now and and I was sitting at the compie and had my hand on my head..... And the hand started to slip. And not from me trying to nod off! It started to slip from my hair being super, super soft. I got up fast and ran to the bathroom to see my hair. It looks amazing. My hair is so, so soft and my waves are looking more like curls. And this is only my first time using it!!! Sooo loving it.

So, why do I hate it? The stupid mudder effin' bottle Garnier uses for their shampoos and conditioners! That stupid ball makes it almost impossible to open with wet hands. I almost broke a nail. (click the links in my siggy and see why nails are important to me.) And since the conditioners open at the bottom, once I finally got it open, a large amount squirted out. Ugh, so annoying. I am most definitely gonna find a better bottle to transfer it into.

EDIT: My BFF had a jumbo bottle of Suave Condish and it came with a pump. When she used it all up, she gave it to me. So I transferred the Triple Nutrition into it. Has made things so much easier. >_<
    Last edited by VitaR86; April 21st, 2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Added solution.

Length
    ?/50/50
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Triple Nutrition - I love/hate it

I love Triple Nutrition! It's the best cone-free conditioner I've found so far. I've been using it for months (maybe half a year or so?) and I really like it. I use it as a DT, too. I just mix it with EVOO and leave it on my hair for at least half an hour before washing and my hair loves it!
    But yeah, its bottle is not the best...
    Last edited by Loreley; June 30th, 2011 at 12:57 AM.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4250&attachmentid=1969

Length
    17/29/30-32
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Great! Yeah trasfering it to another bottle sounds like the best bet!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

About the nails - how very pretty! I haven't tried the conditioner.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by VitaR86 View Post
    So, why do I hate it? The stupid mudder effin' bottle Garnier uses for their shampoos and conditioners! That stupid ball makes it almost impossible to open with wet hands. I almost broke a nail. (click the links in my siggy and see why nails are important to me.) And since the conditioners open at the bottom, once I finally got it open, a large amount squirted out. Ugh, so annoying. I am most definitely gonna find a better bottle to transfer it into.
    They're not the only ones.... some companies' bottles are SUCH a PITA to open!!! Why do their designers do this crap -- other companies seem to be able to design a bottle that doesn't require four hands to open!!! I'm in the shower and I'm WET, people....

But I'm glad that the product worked so well for you!!!!!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    BSL/Hip?/Hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    I'm in the shower and I'm WET, people....

But I'm glad that the product worked so well for you!!!!!
    lol, that was my exact thought when I was trying to get that bottle open. I was thinking about calling my husband in to open it for me, but I know he would have just gave me "the look" and laugh.

@ Spidermom- Thanks <3

Length
    :(/:|/:)
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Haha, I've had practically the same experience! I always seem to drop the bottle too, and have ended up cracking the caps on every one I've had. Opening the bottle cap-side up seems to help though, less condish is likely to ooze out and I can usually push the tab up with the pad of my thumb rather than having to flick it open with my nails.

I'm too lazy to try and transfer it all to a better bottle. But man, the things I'll deal with for conditioner love...

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

I really wanted to try it after I heard all the great reviews, but I had no idea it was cone free. Is it like that everywhere?

Length
    24"/28"/39"
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Curses! Now I really want to try this, but I only use non animal tested products, and Garnier is owned by L'Oreal. Booooooooooooo!
    Lover of fountain pens and disabled kitties.

RIP my sweet Jilly-bean. Your momma misses you.

Length
    12 in/Waist/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Love it! I use the dryness reversal one too, with the apricot kernels in it... but the regular one is fantastic.
    Progress Album Tailbone by 2013!