Thread: Daily hair shed question? :)

Default Daily hair shed question? :)

my hair sheds 80 to 145 hairs a day.. but when i wash it (i wash it every other day) it falls 270 to 300 or a little more.. is this normal? im taking vitamins and taking care of it im 17 and i have fine short thin hairs will brushing it daily help make it shed less? or what should i do?

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: Daily hair shed question? :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ght=daily+shed

Here is a thread all about shedding and some users have reported their daily shed, also others are discussing it. I would lurk thru that to see if it helps you find any answers.
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    ///Tlb/knees
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Default Re: Daily hair shed question? :)

That is an awful lot of shedding and enough to be concerned about. I would go to the Doctors if I were you to see if it is something medically wrong - it could be related to a number of thing e.g. thyroid, hormones etc...

Angry This is how much im shedding.. is it normal?

i counted how much i shed when i wash my hair (every other day) its 350 and when i dont its around 90 or 100.. is this normal for a girl my age im 17 also is brushing daily good for shedding or should i minimize it to every other day

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: This is how much im shedding.. is it normal?

Didn't you just post this same exact thread last night?

Taking an LHC break.

Cold and rainy Sotra in Norway the land of trolls.
    Length
    Chin/Thigh/Calf
    Type
    1a/M/C/iii

How thick is your hair, the more hair you have the more hair you will naturally shed, also have you shed this much always or is this a new thing? if you have just started shedding allot more than you did before then you should see a doctor just to be sure.

30 to 100 hairs is normal to shed each day, if your hair do not seam to get thinner then I would say you are shedding normally, if it is getting thinner through you might want to again go to a doctor for advice.

Brushing damages the hair, but tangles damages it more. You should brush as little as you need to keep you hair looking good and tangle free, if you can get away with brushing every other day that is good, but if that means you are getting allot of tangles then it is better for your hair to brush every day.

Type
    1c/F/ii

I don't know about normal, but that sounds like how much I shed. I'm always concerned it's too much, so I cut way back on washes.

I prefer combing to brushing, I've been conditioned to believe that brushing is absolutely horrible for hair brushing seems like it would only collect the shed hair faster. If that is what you are going for, to keep it off of your clothes, it would probably help.

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lole18 View Post
    i counted how much i shed when i wash my hair (every other day) its 350 and when i dont its around 90 or 100.. is this normal for a girl my age im 17 also is brushing daily good for shedding or should i minimize it to every other day
    If you don't brush or comb every day, then the naturally shed hairs stay in your hair with all the others.

Thus, when you DO brush, you find a lot more! 350 is much more than average..but then, again, it might be just an accumulation of fallen hairs among the growing hairs.

Daily brushing is excellent for your hair (unless you are a curly).
    However, the type of brush and HOW you use it makes all the difference.

I've been brushing my medium fine, thick hair for more than 40 years with a boar bristle brush. It leaves my hair soft, shiny and distributes the natural sebum down my strands. It also exercises my hair follicles, which aids in hair health.

Here is an article I wrote about brushing with a bbb and other data pertaining to bbbs in general:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&articleid=229