Thread: Motherhood and major shed!

Length
    ?/?/?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Question Motherhood and major shed!

So, I used to have thick hair. Ridiculously thick. Until I gave birth to my son and it started to fall out. It peaked at 4 months. I would run my hands thru it and have handfulls of hair falling out. It was everywhere. And in the shower, same deal. The ends were breaking off and when I didnt have it up, my son would grab it and rrrrip. It was just past my bra strap and as much as I hated to do it, I recently had it cut to try to start over. I also have switched from bottled shampoos to all natural cv shampoo bars with a vinegar rinse which, I love. I rarely ever blow dried it...ever. And I use a wide tooth comb. It has stopped falling out the past couple months. Still, my hair is thin now. And I am still breastfeeding at 11 months which, sucks up all my vitamin stores. Can it be saved? Can it ever be that thick again? What else can I do in addition to what I already am to get it back to the way it was? Could henna help?
    I have some before pregnancy and now but, I dont have time to post them right now. Will later tho'.

Thanks so much! x-posted

Length
    15"/BSL/hip
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Motherhood and major shed!

Yes, I remember the big shed after having a baby (that was ages ago, LOL my "baby" is almost 40 now). That was the only time that my hair was thick was when I was pg, then it fell out. That was way back before there was the internet & the great help that you can get in hair forums now. I about paniced when I would wash my hair & all of the hair in the sink. I could have just cried!

I am a shedder any way. The things that I have tried that seemed to help the most was a black coffee rinse. That stopped it immediately, but it has to have caffine in it. I would rinse my hair with it & leave it on. I read that on another forum back in Jan. & did it & so far the shedding has not returned (knock on wood) The only problem with the coffee rinse is that it is very drying to the hair & I had to put oil on the ends of my hair.

In March I started to use MegaTek for hair growth & that seems to be working also keeping the shedding at bay.

I also take garlic (1,000 mg), hair vit. , biotin, MSM

Good luck, and Welcome!