Thread: Is this a good enough reason to wash hair more?

Length
    18"/36"/37"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Is this a good enough reason to wash hair more?

So far ive been washing my hair twice weekly. Ive been using rosemary oil and jojoba but now ive made a scalp tonic with five essential oils and two carrer oils. Its supposed to be for the 'mature' woman hehe.... I apply it pre wash the warm/hottish wet towel and shower cap method. Thanks to LHC, my hair now easily combs out after a wash. Im thinking of adding one more wash per week - so three times which allows for 52 more treatments in a year. What do you think?
    New Blog 'Pinned Upsweeps' for my fine/thinnish/slippery updo problems

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Is this a good enough reason to wash hair more?

I think that you should wash your hair whenever you think it needs to be washed. I wouldn't add an extra wash just to have an excuse to do a treatment, but whatever works for you.

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I think if I was you and you're getting good results with what you're doing. Then I wouldn't change my routine. If you feel like something is lacking then you may try adding another oil treatment or washing.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I think that you should wash your hair whenever you think it needs to be washed. I wouldn't add an extra wash just to have an excuse to do a treatment, but whatever works for you.
    I'm with Spidermom. Wash your hair when it needs it. Twice a week should be more than sufficient. Once a week would be better.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I wash my hair only once a week. The best thing for your hair is to let it "stew" in it's own natural oils. That's just my opinion though. I think you should stick to the routine you're doing.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    ~20in/mb/wl/MTL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/M/iii

Washing your hair less frequently may not be the answer for everyone actually. I used to wash my hair only once a week (and thanks to a hectic rush to get ready for Thanksgiving had to resort to that again last week). The result, crunchy dry hair that looks like a giant tumbleweed tried to eat my head. It takes a couple of weeks with my normal routine for my hair to stop being a gnarled mess. I wash my hair twice a week normally and my hair is much better. Still dry, but NOTHING like when only washing once a week. I do co-wash now though, no poo on this head. But even when I did use a shampoo my hair was more hydrated with 2x/week washes

So maybe 3x's a week will work for you. Only trying it will tell you. If your hair freaks out because of it, give yourself a deep treatment and go back to 2x's a week.
    Pssst...Shrinkage is the devil. Don't look it in the eye or make any sudden movements.
    Lady Talma of the Hallowed Cauldron in the Order of the Long Haired Knights