Thread: a good conefree/sulfatefree shampoo for a 1B/M/iii type?

Length
    shldr/31"/42-45
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Default a good conefree/sulfatefree shampoo for a 1B/M/iii type?

i'm using pantene right now and i clarify with suave every now and then.

the no cones, no sulfates thing has me intrigued and i've looked through articles (mostly the conefree conditioner one) but it's still a little confusing to me. so i was wanting to see what other people with around my hair type like to use on their hair??

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: a good conefree/sulfatefree shampoo for a 1B/M/iii type?

I can't speak as someone with your same hairtype, but maybe we are close enough that I could help.

I have heard excellent things about everything Burt's Bees offers, and I relaly like their Pomegranite and Soy S&C.

I know some people really like JASON and Aubrey organics, but I haven't tried them so I can't say.

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I use Avalons biotin b-complex thickening shampoo.I don't use there condish becuase it has cones. For other cone free condishes I vary betwees labella plancenta condish and other cone free condishes like Vo5 anothe ron top of my list, Aveda rosemary mint, kiss my face etc. Some work better on my hair then others. So far labella has been the best for me
    Last edited by lora410; July 10th, 2008 at 02:11 PM.
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Tapioca

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, their store brand shampoos are great (and about $2 a bottle!). They are also cone and sulfate free. The Refresh is better for oily hair (too drying for me, but it's great on my five-year-old when she needs a wash. We normally do CO on her, but she's five. She gets paint or mud in her hair from time to time.) I use the Nourish shampoo. More moisturizing than the Refresh.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I've been using Avalon Organics Nourishing Shampoo Lavender for quite a while now. I get a big 32 oz bottle of it at Whole Foods for about $13. If you ever get the big bottle, check the label carefully - the body wash looks just the same! I bought it be accident once, and couldn't figure out why my hair was suddenly so uncooperative...

I've yet to find the perfect conditioner. I got along OK with Trader Joe's Nourish, but then we moved to Texas, and no TJs here. White Rain was OK, not quite heavy enough. Whole Foods generic was nice. I've been working through lots of organic conditioners, but didn't like any of them enough to go for a second bottle. Trying Burt's Bees in Sugar Beet or something like that right now - we'll see. I'm also experimenting with shampoo bars for the first time, so it's all up for grabs.

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Whole Foods generic
    I haven't used the shampoo, but this is like my favorite conditioner. (The generic brand is called 365 Everyday Value.)

I don't have the OP hair type though, but I am an ex-Pantene user.

If you are used to Pantene, nothing cone free is going to really produce that same slippery slimy feeling in the shower. Except maybe oil, those are the only two things I have known to do that. It freaked me out at first when I quit the Pantene. OMG, hair's not slimy enough. Cone free stuff can be moisturizing if you give it a chance, it just doesn't make "instant wet Barbie hair" like cones can.

Especially in winter I have to supplement with heavier conditioner sometimes like Aubrey. You might not have to.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    shldr/31"/42-45
    Type
    1b/M/iii

thanks for all of the suggestions so far! i'm writing them all down.

there's no TJ's or WF's around here at all but i'll keep on the lookout for stuff online, as well.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I don't have hair your type either but I love Giovanni or Aveda shampoos. I haven't found any that I like as much. Giovanni conditioners are also great. I have used the smooth as silk and the 50/50 and I like the SAS the best. They are a bit pricey compared to the ones mentioned above but I use very little as I dilute the shampoo and only do it once or twice at the most a week.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil