Page 49 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Yucca Vs. Soapwort Vs. Aritha/Soapnuts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Yucca Vs. Soapwort Vs. Aritha/Soapnuts?

Quote Originally Posted by mellie View Post
    Thanks Ktani, that's very nice of you to say! My hair did shed a lot when I used commercial shampoo and hair dye. My DH would complain about my hair being everywhere (which it was, to be fair). :-)
    I am not disputing that, lol. I used to shed more when I used conditioner than I do now with catnip. My hairline has also filled in somewhat. But I did not have what I would call a problem with shedding or thinning.

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I agree, it wasn't a problem - so much as a nuisance, haha! :-)

I agree, it wasn't a problem - so much as a nuisance, haha! :-)
    You are genetically blessed with gorgeous hair and from all of your pictures, you have always taken good care of it. It shows.

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Oh, you are making me blush now - thank you very much, and your hair is lovely too!! :-)

Oh, you are making me blush now - thank you very much, and your hair is lovely too!! :-)
    It is just the truth regarding your hair and the way you take care of it and thank you. I did not get the gorgeous hair genes but I make the most of what I have to deal with, lol.

I do not envy others. I learn from them. I have been blessed in other ways, as have we all, IMO.

Length
    28/36/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    It is just the truth regarding your hair and the way you take care of it and thank you. I did not get the gorgeous hair genes but I make the most of what I have to deal with, lol.

I do not envy others. I learn from them. I have been blessed in other ways, as have we all, IMO.
    Ktani, I started out with hair like Mellie's and my hair loss got out of control. But thanks to all of you I have learned so many new tricks and my hair is looking so much better.

I'm really appreciative to y'all!
    FBC cream soap shampoo

Quote Originally Posted by ljkforu View Post
    Ktani, I started out with hair like Mellie's and my hair loss got out of control. But thanks to all of you I have learned so many new tricks and my hair is looking so much better.

I'm really appreciative to y'all!
    Looking at your avatar/profile, your hair looks fantastic! I am so glad that LHC has helped you. I got catnip from here but I needed to and did make it my own, in terms of getting to work for me in ways not previously posted about by others.

Were you able to find out what caused/is causing your hair loss? Sorry if you have posted about this. I do not follow everyone's experiences closely in some threads.

ETA: I found a previous post of yours in another thread, so you do know the cause. That is good because you can then hopefully have a method/plan/medications perhaps to deal with it. Hair loss can have so many causes. If you are on meds (not asking, that is personal) make sure your doctor knows or see if you can find out ff any of the plants/herbs you use may interfere with them. One of the first things I remember reading about using herbs/plants is that they should not be used with meds. I do not believe that applies in all cases but many times, certain plant constituents can causes problems with medications.
    Last edited by ktani; December 17th, 2008 at 05:34 AM. Reason: added text

mellie

From following most of the soap nuts discussions I have come to the conclusion that like conventional shampoo, there is no one dilution/concentration that suits all.

You need 22 soap nuts to clean your oily hair. Others may not, depending on how oily their hair is, or whether they pre oil it.

The same applies to catnip but in a slightly different way. The dilution I use for conditioning works for most but not all as well. The other dilutions people use are close but they are not necessarily the same.

It only took me 2 years to get it right for me, lol.

These things do tend to take time.

Length
    Shldr/BSL/TB/CL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Mellie - That's true, it may be dry skin more so than actual dandruff. I have horrible combination skin on my face (flaky on forehead and cheeks, sometimes nose, but super oily t-zone.) I've been doing OCM for a while now, and no more flakies on my face, but now I have to figure something out for my scalp.
    1st goal: BSL May 2009 ​re-reached late 2012 2nd goal: Waist Final Goal: TB or Classic

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Ljkforu, I'm glad that your hair loss is getting better! :-)

Ktani, it's true, goodness knows I tried a dozen different ways to use soapnuts before I found what worked for me, haha!

Just wanted to post back that yesterday I tried using soapnuts all over first, then just a tiny tiny bit of Dairy Whip on the hair that hangs on each side of my face and gets greasy. That worked very very well! In fact, so well that I didn't have to wash again today (except for those two little strands of hair on each side of my face again).

If I could just get those two strands of hair to not be greasy, then I wouldn't need the Dairy Whip at all....but my face is just so oily, argh!