Page 51 of 221 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Yucca Vs. Soapwort Vs. Aritha/Soapnuts?

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Yucca Vs. Soapwort Vs. Aritha/Soapnuts?

That's great!! I'm so glad you tried it and liked it! Did you try them whole or the powder?

Length
    pixie/APL/BSL

Quote Originally Posted by mellie View Post
    That's great!! I'm so glad you tried it and liked it! Did you try them whole or the powder?
    I bought whole soapnuts from indian store after reading your messages, thinking let me give it a try. But you know we had a soapnut tree in our neighborhood and nobody even cared to pick these soapnuts and use it. I very rarely used to pick up few to wash my silver accessories thats it they would just go waste. Its pretty expensive here since they come from India i guess.

I just soaked 5-6 in water overnight,next day made a paste and I think i can use it for 3 washes, since i have shoulder length hair. And also the best part is my waves are relaxed almost straight hair ,,,without hair dryer and flat iron.

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Wow, you had a soapnut tree in your neighborhood and nobody used it? I am surprised!

That's great that you are so happy with it! I am so happy too...it's so much nicer for my hair than regular shampoo! I feel like a model! :-)

Length
    pixie/APL/BSL

Wow, you had a soapnut tree in your neighborhood and nobody used it? I am surprised!

That's great that you are so happy with it! I am so happy too...it's so much nicer for my hair than regular shampoo! I feel like a model! :-)
    now after knowing soapnuts benefits even i m surprised ,, better late than never ....

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Haha, that's true! But now you don't have it in your backyard anymore, haha! :-)

Length
    28/36/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Oh wow! a tree in the neighborhood I'd have been washing every stray animal for blocks:

FBC cream soap shampoo

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Haha, you're funny Ljkforu!

--Update-- Soapnut Foam Wash!!

I want to thank Heidi_234 for the idea of shaking the liquid! This morning I took just 2 oz. of the liquid in a big 8 oz. container and shook it up to make it all foam, then scooped up that foam to wash with, it works really wonderfully!! My roots weren't even the slightest bit greasy. Also, my hair looked nice and dark too, without that problem I was having of the grays appearing lighter!! I am very excited by this! My hair looked exactly as I've been hoping to get - beautiful body and shine, plus the retention of my henndigo color too!! Yay!!! Heidi you rock!!!! Plus, it's easier to keep it out of your eyes, since it's not a runny liquid!!

I'm going to try another experiment! I just ordered some foaming shampoo containers - I wonder how that will work with soapnut liquid! I think it helps a lot to get more foam, and therefore better cleansing! And maybe I can stretch my liquid some to help save money too!
    Last edited by mellie; December 19th, 2008 at 06:01 AM. Reason: added bit about foam

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Haha, you're funny Ljkforu!

--Update-- Soapnut Foam Wash!!

I want to thank Heidi_234 for the idea of shaking the liquid! This morning I took just 2 oz. of the liquid in a big 8 oz. container and shook it up to make it all foam, then scooped up that foam to wash with, it works really wonderfully!! My roots weren't even the slightest bit greasy. Also, my hair looked nice and dark too, without that problem I was having of the grays appearing lighter!! I am very excited by this! My hair looked exactly as I've been hoping to get - beautiful body and shine, plus the retention of my henndigo color too!! Yay!!! Heidi you rock!!!! Plus, it's easier to keep it out of your eyes, since it's not a runny liquid!!

I'm going to try another experiment! I just ordered some foaming shampoo containers - I wonder how that will work with soapnut liquid! I think it helps a lot to get more foam, and therefore better cleansing! And maybe I can stretch my liquid some to help save money too!
    Oh Millie you give me far too much credit , I just merely asked about the foam to make sure how my soapnut liquid should be like. It was all your idea to try and use the foam, and it's rather brilliant one!
    I did noticed myself that the shook soapnut water worked much better for me than one that has not been shaken. But I never give it much thought and took it to the next level. And it does make perfect sense, because the foam is the soap.
    I think we are really working out a great system, the foam would be indeed much easier to apply, and stretch given amount of liquid for longer (until it runs out soap I suppose).
    Keep us posted about the foaming shampoo containers (I've never heard of these before). It also might be an idea to use a shaker maybe? Or blending, or one of those funny kitchen instruments I can't make out which is which and what for.
    I'm going to shake my soapnut liquid real good in the shower today.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Here's a link to the foaming containers that I ordered so you can see what they look like and read about them:

http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/4...ap-pr-647.html

We use similar things at work for hand soap, and they really do work amazingly well to make foam. I'm hoping these will help stretch my soapnut liquid!

For the time being, I'm just using my same 8 oz. containers from Sally's, just filling them only to the 2 oz. mark and shaking them up like crazy till it's 100% foam, then taking the lid off and poofing the foam onto my hand.

Yay!! Soapnut breakthrough!!

I was just joking with Heidi about how we need a News Ticker for LHC breaking news for things like this!! :-)
    Last edited by mellie; December 19th, 2008 at 07:32 AM.

The website you included seems pretty cool and very cheap. Keep us updated on the bottle.

I only use 2oz liquid without shaking it and cleans my hair pretty well and i think i have longer then Mellie..BUt your hair seems a lot thicker then mine and thats why your hair requires more liquid. If i create foam may be i will need less liquid?!?!?! My hair feels a lot thicker, shiny and i think i see new growth too.