Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Guy with very unwieldy hair looking for help

Type
    3a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Guy with very unwieldy hair looking for help

Actually, I just remembered that a huge chunk of that 40€ was actually for razorblades... so it wasn't actually THAT much.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardh View Post

No, I said I wasn't! o_O
    10 minutes is more like it.

Ah ! misread that 1 hour thing ! lol, but no worries, 10 minutes totally enough once you find the things that work for you. It's a process, no need to try everything at once. Pick some things to try and test... everyone's hair is unique, that's the beauty of it

Length
    ?/30ish/Hip
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii/iii

hmmmm... I say embrace the bigness but ditch the hairspray... too many chemicals...

suggestions:

aloe vera juice or gel as pure as possible.

Oils, lots of them (this is my "thing" atm [mixing base oils with cinnamon and vanilla EOs atm, YUM!])

Honey (added to conditioner [a good one Crown Pride Naturals "avocado detangling conditioner"], diluted and used as hairspray (I've heard about this but not tried), on toast, in an SMT etc...

I don't think i really added any more than what others have previously said...

I hope you find something that works very well for you soon

ETA: Flaxseed gel is REALLY awesome stuff for taming and weighing down curliness but i think it might be going a bit far for yourself because it involves cooking up your own hair product in the kitchen... maybe one day eh?
    Last edited by StormVixen; January 11th, 2012 at 06:31 PM.

≈ωаѵєs оŋ τнє оcєаŋ≈ xoxophelia's Avatar
    Length
    26"/35"/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

heh.. based on this thread I vote we need to attract more male members..

~~embracing nature's waves~~
    instagram: monophonatic

Length
    BSL/clas/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I have SOOOOO enjoyed reading this entire thread!

Please, please, show us pics. You might want to try for the curl results, and for the relaxed results, and take a pic of both so we all can give you feedback. Being pretty straight haired myself, I already vote for curls.

Length
    4/25/term?
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by xoxophelia View Post

heh.. based on this thread I vote we need to attract more male members..
    How true...

Edwardh, you have truly amazing hair, especially the colour (+ the colour of your eyes)! Very nice! Welcome on LHC!

I really understand that you want straight hair. I have kind of been in your situation for a long time, kind of curly hair and wanting straight because it would have suited better for my style.

This thread is sooo long I didnīt read all the posts. But as you probably have learned, taking good care of your hair doesnīt need to take much time. If you really want to wear your hair straight, I suggest you take good care of your hair AND use good irons to straighten it, if you donīt want the puffy look.

Good hair-caring can be as simple as
    - dontīt rip or tear hair while combing, washing or detangling, be gentle
    - use whatever shampoo you like, AND conditioner. Use leave in conditioner, if nothing else (you can put some leave in conditioner even on days you donīt wash your hair if needed. I use my normal wash-out-conditioner as a leave in, but the amount must be small not to make hair greasy.)
    - donīt brush wet hair
    - when using straightening irons, use some heat protecting product

Other people may find curly hair suits you very well (as do I), but if you want straight hair, thatīs what you must go for. Iīm sure straight hair will look just as good on you. Good luck!

ETA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabitha View Post
    One hairstyle that I've noticed males on here use quite successfully is the banded ponytail, where you restrain it with bands along the length. With black elastics this looks pretty masculine and helps to keep it out of the way.

Plus that hair-do also straightens hair, you can for example wear your hair like that at night, then it probably is a lot straighter in the morning if you let it loose. And no heat damage to hair
    Last edited by -j-; January 12th, 2012 at 01:34 AM.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I suggest Edward would continue this thread on Mane board so would get his post count up! You could add a link to this thread in the first post.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    26"/31"/tb cl
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

I have unwieldy frizzy wavy curly hair as well, but it definetely got better cutting out silicones and shampoo, I use shampoo only to clarify every 2 weeks. Presently I wash with whiterain coconut( cone free version) and use a protein deep condish after as my hair is bleach and perm and rebonding damaged. The only thing that calmes my hair down from being to poofy, curly, unruly is sheabutter mixed with coconut oil. I am also using whiterain coconut as leave in, mixed with a tiny bit of coconutoil in sterilized water in a spraybottle. Today I will make Fox's conditioning cream as I think it might be effective in calming down my curls.

Length
    26"/31"/tb cl
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Oh and btw, I wish my hubby had curly long hair! He cuts it so short he is almost bald
    And I want to add, I tried everything, from cones, shampoos, gel, mousse, commercial leave ins and so on. And really, the only thing IMO that works for me is sheabutter, coconutoil and cowash. I use it only on damp or wet hair, stroking from up to down to weigh my hair down.

Length
    26"/31"/tb cl
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Oh and btw, I wish my hubby had curly long hair! He cuts it so short he is almost bald
    And I want to add, I tried everything, from cones, shampoos, gel, mousse, commercial leave ins and so on. And really, the only thing IMO that works for me is sheabutter, coconutoil and cowash. I use it only on damp or wet hair, stroking from up to down to weigh my hair down.