Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hairjems on etsy

Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Hairjems on etsy

Odd, I’ve purchased from this shop in the past but never had a problem with smoothness. I’m hoping it’s an anomaly.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    Has anyone purchased any more of these? I hope the smoothness is sorted out. I've been eyeballing these, but I'm trying not to get into to the habit of buying more hair sticks than I can wear! But I really, really love these:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5818377...ctive_14&frs=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6794612...f=user_profile

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4874822...f=user_profile
    I had never seen this thread/shop before.
    The sticks are lovely and will look gorgeous in your hair ~ good luck

blackgothicdoll,
    I really like the first one you linked, I've had it in my favorite's list for a while

BUT, I think $38 is a bit too expensive when you can buy the same bead (also on etsy) for $5

I don't think around $40 is too much for a stick or anything, but I'd rather spend that amount on one of the ones that are actually turned/cast/carved etc, which I can't do myself, while with the bead one I can put that on a stick myself maybe. Of course if I had tons of disposable cash maybe I would just buy it already made from that store, but since I don't- I have to compromise, haha.

Just my
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    blackgothicdoll,
    I really like the first one you linked, I've had it in my favorite's list for a while

BUT, I think $38 is a bit too expensive when you can buy the same bead (also on etsy) for $5

I don't think around $40 is too much for a stick or anything, but I'd rather spend that amount on one of the ones that are actually turned/cast/carved etc, which I can't do myself, while with the bead one I can put that on a stick myself maybe. Of course if I had tons of disposable cash maybe I would just buy it already made from that store, but since I don't- I have to compromise, haha.

Just my
    Hmmm, the stick itself has the pattern as well though. I'm not great with DIYs. The price is the one reason I haven't bought one yet I may some day splurge on one, the quality alone would allow me to decide if it were something worth purchasing more of or if I should pursue making my own.

Thanks for posting that!
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Wow....that's interesting ....thanks for the heads up

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Hmmm...Anyone know if something is going on with Hairjems? Earlier this year, she had her shop on vacation, then opened it up in the fall, and now it's completely vanished. I can't find it anywhere! Did something happen, I wonder?

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I want to buy another Calla Lily hairstick from this shop but can't find it Does anyone know what happened or where the shop is? Thank you

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

It looks like she now has a shop on etsy called EnvisionedByTreva , but she seems to have pivoted toward hat pins and other types of jewelry rather than hairsticks.