Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question about CWC with cones and sulphates

Default A question about CWC with cones and sulphates

Hello everyone!

I discovered this comunnity after watching some hair tutorials by Loepsie and Torrinpaige on youtube and I'm really glad I did because you have some great tips! I have recentelly changed my hair care routine thanks for those tips and I can feel the improvements already! But I have some questions:

I CWC my hair each other day using the minimun amont of shampoo as possible and only in my roots, and let the shampoo wash the length of my hair as I rinse, but my conditioner (panthene) has dimethicone, and I use some baby shampoo (jonhson & jonhson) that has sodium trideceth sulphate, so my question is: will that cause cones to acumulate in the length of my hair? If so, how can I help it? Should I use the shampoo in my length as well? I'm afraid to dry my hair by doing so..

Also, I cannot seem to find cone-free conditioner and sulphate-free shampoo, if there's anyone here that's also from Brazil that knows some brand like that I'd love to know! I don't mind getting brands from other countries as long as they're not too expensive or hard to find

Length
    Apl/Bsl+/Waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: A question about CWC with cones and sulphates

I wouldn't cowash with a conditioner that has silicones because it'll build up if you don't wash them out with a sulphate shampoo.

Here is a thread for a sulphate free shampoo http://archive.longhaircommunity.com...ad.php?t=34009

Here is another list for conditioners
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ead.php?t=2216
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WAIST-HIP
    **Almost there!!!**

Thanks rock007junkie! Sorry I missed those threads, I guess I didn't search right ^-^'

You dont need sulfates to get rid of cones. Coco bentaine gets rid of them. Thats a sulfate free poo. I have cowashed with cone conditioners and never once experience build up. Thats not true that you always need sulfates to get rid of cones.

That's interesting! I'll try and search for shampoos with coco bentaine then to be less agressive

If you cant find cone free poos or conditioners. Pre poo before you wash or condition before you poo to protect your hair from dryness. You could also dilute your poo to make them less harsh. Hopefully someone from brazil will respond and help you find cone and sulfate free shampoos and conditioners

ok good luck!

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I CWC with cones in my second Conditioner and I don't use sulfates in my shampoo, because they make my head itch. I also use baby oil (mineral oil) on my hair. I do not experience any buildup. You don't "HAVE" to use sulfates to remove cones, the only cone that (in my experience) really needs a good sulfate shampoo to remove is dimethicone. As long as you are not using a dimethicone conditioner, there is no reason you would need to use sulfates. I even dilute my shampoo and have had zero problems with buildup.
    "There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of one small candle." - Spanish Proverb
    Hip length to Pixie, now growing long again. Currently past SL, heading to APL.

Good to know dimethicone is the most difficult to remove, I'll guess I have to change my conditioner then (it has dimethicone) at least the bottle is almost empty, I'll try diluting the shampoo as you guys suggested ^-^ I took a look at the thread with the cone-free conditioner and sulfate-free shamposs, and unfortunatelly I don't recall seeing those brands here, except wella conditioners, 'cause that is commom brand to see arround here. Though if I find cone-free products and sulfate-fee products here I'll add them to that thread in case some more South Americans in this forum need help finding them ^-^ Thanks again for the help!

Hi there again! Today I managed to find some cone-free conditioner by garnier fructis ^-^ now I can CWC with no fear for build up! Though I still couldn't find a sulphate-free shampoo, but I'll try diluting it to dimish the damage. Today I did a cleasing on mt hair to take the cones away and now I'll see my hair reacts to no cones ^-^