I'm posting this, without really knowing what to expect from it...

I'm new to the site (check my profile pic to see how new I am, hair looks baaaaad!!!) and I was wondering if anyone had the same issue:
I am about 1b/c on the top layer of my hair, and a definite 2c below (for the first 2 days after wash, after it's more 2b/2a), which is driving me crazy.
In addition I lost a lot of hair last year after a drastic diet that lacked some vitamins, so hair looks very scraggly. I'm hoping that things can get better with moisture and that my 1b/c top hair will become a bit wavy with some care - although all my youth I was a 1b. I have a long term illness and I think my hair changed because of it, but I want to make do with what I have right now!

I'd be interested to know if anyone has the same kind of issue as me, how they cope with it etc. with the least effort...

While I'm writing, I'm realising one thing actually. I cut my hair while wet, meaning that the hair below will always be shorter than the one at the top, and my hair will always look scraggly if I keep doing that, hair loss or not! I'll experiment with this at the next waxing moon (just cut yesterday). What are your thoughts about this?

If you remember another thread talking about this, please point me to it, I can't search with only 2 letter words, so no chance to find messages that mention 1c/2c at the same time!