Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Different hair types on the same head!!!

Length
    29 in/29 in/29 in
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Default Different hair types on the same head!!!

I'm posting this, without really knowing what to expect from it...

I'm new to the site (check my profile pic to see how new I am, hair looks baaaaad!!!) and I was wondering if anyone had the same issue:
    I am about 1b/c on the top layer of my hair, and a definite 2c below (for the first 2 days after wash, after it's more 2b/2a), which is driving me crazy.
    In addition I lost a lot of hair last year after a drastic diet that lacked some vitamins, so hair looks very scraggly. I'm hoping that things can get better with moisture and that my 1b/c top hair will become a bit wavy with some care - although all my youth I was a 1b. I have a long term illness and I think my hair changed because of it, but I want to make do with what I have right now!

I'd be interested to know if anyone has the same kind of issue as me, how they cope with it etc. with the least effort...

While I'm writing, I'm realising one thing actually. I cut my hair while wet, meaning that the hair below will always be shorter than the one at the top, and my hair will always look scraggly if I keep doing that, hair loss or not! I'll experiment with this at the next waxing moon (just cut yesterday). What are your thoughts about this?

If you remember another thread talking about this, please point me to it, I can't search with only 2 letter words, so no chance to find messages that mention 1c/2c at the same time!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Different hair types on the same head!!!

I have crazy mixed-up hair, too. It's 1B-2C. It's fine, medium, and coarse. I have hairs of every possible color.
    But that's o.k.

Length
    29 in/29 in/29 in
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

I would expect anything from a food coloring tinted unicorn avatar adorning person!

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I have crazy mixed-up hair, too. It's 1B-2C. It's fine, medium, and coarse. I have hairs of every possible color.
    But that's o.k.

Type
    2a/F/ii

I have this too. The top layer of my hair is probably like 2b/2c and the underneath is anywhere from 1a to 2a (depending on how long its been since I washed it). Most of my hair is fine, especially around my face, but I have lots of course wiry hairs too. You're not alone!

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by HelloKitteh View Post
    I'm posting this, without really knowing what to expect from it...

I'm new to the site (check my profile pic to see how new I am, hair looks baaaaad!!!) and I was wondering if anyone had the same issue:
    I am about 1b/c on the top layer of my hair, and a definite 2c below (for the first 2 days after wash, after it's more 2b/2a), which is driving me crazy.
    In addition I lost a lot of hair last year after a drastic diet that lacked some vitamins, so hair looks very scraggly. I'm hoping that things can get better with moisture and that my 1b/c top hair will become a bit wavy with some care - although all my youth I was a 1b. I have a long term illness and I think my hair changed because of it, but I want to make do with what I have right now!

I'd be interested to know if anyone has the same kind of issue as me, how they cope with it etc. with the least effort...

While I'm writing, I'm realising one thing actually. I cut my hair while wet, meaning that the hair below will always be shorter than the one at the top, and my hair will always look scraggly if I keep doing that, hair loss or not! I'll experiment with this at the next waxing moon (just cut yesterday). What are your thoughts about this?

If you remember another thread talking about this, please point me to it, I can't search with only 2 letter words, so no chance to find messages that mention 1c/2c at the same time!
    I don't have any illness but I experience the same thing as you, when I just wash my hair the top layer of my hair is 1b/1c and below 2a/2b. When my hair is oily or needs to be washed the top layer is 1a and below 1c. At first I didn't like my hair, but I learn to embrace it, and actually a lot of people like my hair.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

We have very similar hair types I think, my hair is all over the place sometimes. I found that as my hair got longer, the weight of it evened it all out to some extent. I'm fairly new to taking care of my hair also, and back when I was at BSL, I was straightening fairly regularly so that it all looked the same. I certainly wouldn't suggest doing this now that I know how much damage heat can cause.

I sleep in braids every night, so my hair is always in braid waves if I wear it down. Could this help you to even out the appearance?

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I've always wondered about this my hair has gotten thicker in the last four years. Its changing colors.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

The majority of my hair strands are medium or coarse, but I've found a lot of fine hairs, too. Some strands are straight, and others are very wavy. This tends to make my hair look 1c on some days and 2b on others.
    2a / M&C / iii

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I have a majority of 1a/1b hairs...but then, I have one tiny little section that, since I was a little kid, was very, very kinky. It's probably at least a 1/c, maybe even curlier.

I have a pretty good mix of F/M hair. I don't think I actually have anything that would count as a C.

~maborosi~

Second star to the right and straight on till morning´¯`·.¸¸.☆
    Length
    BSL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I literally have two different hair colors on my head if that counts lol. It's been like that my whole life.

Im growing out my hair but my roots are only about 2 inches long, but here is a pic from last month where you can see my two colored hair :

Part of it is dark ashy blonde and part is white blonde, very weird.
    Last edited by Schrei777; February 7th, 2012 at 09:06 PM.
    *BSL**Waist!**Hips*