Page 2 of 150 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Growing as long as it will go! (The Terminal Goal Thread)

Length
    Ear/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Default Re: Growing as Long as It will Go! (The Terminal Goal Thread)

Maybe it is best to trim only when hair is damaged.

I'm thinking about it now because the last time I cut my hair was November and if I were trying to maintain an even hemline I'd probably need a cut around now. Also there's quite a bit of difference in length between my shortest layer and my longest, about 5 or 6 inches. You can see in my signature picture the piece of hair that hangs over my face vs. the length of my hair in the back and that's not even a piece of my shortest hair.

I think my hair is too thin for layers. I also think my hair is too fragile to gain any significant length without trims. I feel like I'm probably going to need to keep my ends strong if they are going to grow- even though I know it's going to take a lot more time that way.

Then again, I am really liking the idea of "uncut" hair, but like I said my ideas on that subject have not really solidified yet, so I am torn.

lol, like I said...

Length
    Ear/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

AcornMystic- I know! I was really surprised to find, when I did a search, that there was nothing close to a thread like this!

I keep seeing people who have "terminal" in their hair stats as a goal and want to ask them a question but it would be total thread derailment!

gthlvrmx- You make your own rules!

I should know this. Probably. No, definitely.
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I want to see what my terminal length is, too. I've only ever had tbl.... We shall see. I'm hoping for at least knee.
    Darkling I listen; and for many a time I have been half in love with easeful Death, Call'd him soft names in many a muse'd rhyme
    -John Keats

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Alrite then im in woot woot! finally a thread for termi's.

Length
    6/26.5/41/53
    Type
    4a/F/ii

I'm growing to see how long it can get too. Right now I'm closing in on hl and then onto tbl. Figure full tbl will take me until 2013-14. :0)

Length
    3 in/27.5/27.5
    Type
    2a/F/ii

EdG has terminal hair. He hasn't even trimmed in ten years. Yay for EdG!

My goal is terminal, but in the process I have discovered that I have patches on my scalp that have a very short terminal length and then areas where the hair grows like a jackrabbit. It makes my ends look very sparse and scraggly. I had to trim about 3 inches a few months ago in order to be able to feel comfortable wearing it down. So, some of my hairs get trimmed, while others are already at terminal length and will stay that way.

Length
    30.5/?/term
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

I'm growing to terminal...though if my terminal is longer than floor when wet, I'm probably going to change my goal once I reach that (unless I'm just too lazy to get it cut at that point, which is honestly a very good possibility).

I've been wondering for a while, but haven't wanted to start a new thread or derail one: when your hair takes hours to dry, how do you dry it once it gets longer than floor-when-sitting-down? I figure that before that point you can drape it over the back of your chair, but my floors have never been the cleanest of things, and I can't imagine that's going to change in the future.
    Now: widest part of my calf

Favorite hairstyles: Elling Woman bun Amish braids

Just letting it grow ravenheather's Avatar
    Length
    16/23/Term
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I'm not sure, but I may end up here too. First I wanted waist length. Then I thought that tailbone would be good since it's as long as it can be without having to worry about sitting on it. But I've been having this strange urge to just see how long it can go. Probably just a rebellion thing since I've always been told my hair is too thin to be long.

Length
    Ear/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Me, too ravenheather.

Let's prove them wrong!!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ravenheather View Post
    I'm not sure, but I may end up here too. First I wanted waist length. Then I thought that tailbone would be good since it's as long as it can be without having to worry about sitting on it. But I've been having this strange urge to just see how long it can go. Probably just a rebellion thing since I've always been told my hair is too thin to be long.
    Ive been told by my best friends mother that guys with long hair just cant grow it out because it looks too thin at the ends and ugly -_- made me feel bad since my hair thinned out from medications and braids.
    So im kinda hoping ill show her up with a nice mane of knee length hair one day rebellion yea!!