Page 12 of 170 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer gift swap 2012!

Length
    28"/36.5"/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Summer gift swap 2012!

I would love to join in! It will be so much fun shopping for a fellow LHC member!
    I would be happy to ship anywhere.
    I have thick hair that destroys delicate hair toys so home made might not work.

I like:
    I love hair sticks 6 inch minimum length unless it is a ketylo. Then I can use a shortie.
    Unloved hair toys are awesome.
    I have been meaning to try something from Toadstool soaps.
    green, brown, blue, raspberry twist dymondwood. I don't wear much natural wood because my hair is often damp.
    hair forks 6 inch length
    Ketylo
    60th street forks
    hair scarfs (silky material)
    things from faraway places (e.g. something that is typical for a place in a faraway country...)
    I love local honey or local hot sauce
    Any recipes from your local area, (written on a notecard or scrap of paper) however I don't eat much meat just seafood.

I dislike:
    jewelery (I don't wear earrings or necklaces)
    neon and pastel colors
    plastic and glitter
    things that catch on hair
    Cones and sulfates (in hair products)
    Last edited by pilateschick7; June 2nd, 2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: updating list

Length
    buzz/MBL/term
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Count me in!

I am pretty new to hairtoys, but I have a lot of barrettes. (which I’m trying to get away from) I have very dark brown, BSL, wurly, coarse hair. I have a Havanese dog and a 2 year old girl with dark blond, wavy, fine hair. Rehomed items are welcome! My favorite hobbies are crochet, folk music, and gardening.

Like: wood, silver, natural materials, black, green, cool jewel tones, simple style, plant and animal motifs, pure oils (plant and essential oils), steampunk, hippie, ethnic, mythology

Interested in trying: hairsticks, flexi-8’s (any size), forks, other non-clippy things, hair scarves, hats and other coverings

Dislike: plastic, gold, orange, yellow, barrettes, makeup, religious motifs, gothic, horror, zombies, shampoos, conditioner, lotions, other products other than pure oils.

Allergies: none

Thanks!
    Last edited by earthnut; May 2nd, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
    2c, average and healthy black platinum hair, MBL
    My hair loves stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, protein, preening, oils, and plopping
    My hair hates distearyldimonium chloride, quaternium-87, phenoxyethanol, brushes

Length
    Pixie/Ear/None
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Count me in! This will be my very first swap here on LHC! I live in North America but if it comes down to it I don’t mind shipping internationally.

Let's see if I can manage to type something up.

About my hair - Short (not quite shoulder length), henna'ed (but I'm not sure if I will henna again as my roots are a darker shade of auburn and don't really take the henna well), somewhat curly...when it wants to be, thin, and fine.

-pretty things for my hair (unfortunately this does not yet include hair sticks or flexi's any bigger than a small but it can include barrettes and scarves)
    -hair herbs especially Alma as I am trying to return the curl back to my hair
    -essential oils
    -I love pretty colors and shiny colors (but gold tones don’t usually go good with my skin tone) Purples, light/bright blues, pinks, and light/bright greens are my favorites.
    -I read like crazy especially Scottish or paranormal romances and fantasy books
    -I am Pagan but I like things from pretty much any religion
    -I wouldn’t mind recipes as I am trying to learn to cook
    -I wear a lot of flowing skirts especially the kind with elastic waist bands in sizes medium or large
    -I have multiple ear piercings and love ear rings
    -I don’t mind rehomed stuff or handmade stuff
    -I love dark chocolate
    -I love penguins but am not looking for any statues or stuffed animals of them at the moment

Dislikes/Unwanted
    -makeup
    -perfumes
    -Lotions
    -cones or sulfates
    -hair sticks
    -flexi’s larger than size small
    -

ETA: I just figured out I can add my Etsy wishlist to here so if you are still wondering what I like here is some more ideas. At least I think I figured it out...I hope it works lol.

I am super allergic to bleach so if you are planning to bleach the item before you send it please don’t – I really don’t want to go to the hospital.

I should warn you that I have cats so people with allergies might not want to receive from me, there is literally no way to ensure anything I send won’t have cat hair in it.
    Last edited by PurplePenguin; June 9th, 2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: adding
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
    Lady Aoibheall, Protector of Penguins, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

and PrinceVesuvius (Cat) PrincessBob's Avatar
    Length
    21"/56"/69"
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I just learned crochet. I look forward to making something awesome for my giftee. In the last nine days I have made five bun-covers, two hats and a giant stuffed acorn. WHEE!
    The Cereduin ♫Melody Maker♪ and Bard
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights and
    CrochetWizard
    Avatar: January 2014/ Credit Siggy: Snuggles, December 2013

Length
    Pixie/Ear/None
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBob View Post
    I just learned crochet. I look forward to making something awesome for my giftee. In the last nine days I have made five bun-covers, two hats and a giant stuffed acorn. WHEE!
    Oh that's so awesome, my cat's would love to snuggle with a giant acorn lol!
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
    Lady Aoibheall, Protector of Penguins, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    CREW/WAIST/TERM
    Type
    1c/C/iii

SORRY, BUT I CANNOT PARTICIPATE DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES.

Count me in!

I'd prefer a giftee in the US who will welcome lots of great regifts including:

Night Blooming Panacea's Winter Hair Salve (> 1 oz. left in 2 oz. container)
    Fuller Brush Professional Glisten Brush (BBB)
    Desert Essence products:
    Green Apple and Ginger Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner
    Organic Jojoba Oil (7/8 s & c left; 1/2+ oil left)
    Age Reversal Mineral Sunscreen (SPF 30) (barely used)
    Burt's Bees products:
    Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub (barely used)
    Tips n' Toes Hands and Feet Kit (barely used)
    DuraFresh products:
    Deodorant cream (with aloe, zirconium chloride, stabilized ClO2) (1/2 left)
    Toothpaste (with stabilized ClO2) (1/2 left)
    Tisserand Organic Lemon Tea Tree EO (w/3 oz. cobalt glass spray bottle w/cap) (1/4 left)
    Glass shaker bottle w/screw top metal lid and removable plastic shaker lid under it. Great for Nanny's Airing Powder, dry shampoo, powdered herbs, etc.)
    Blossom Organics products:
    Revitalizing Breast Exam cream (barely used)
    Pure Pleasure Arousal Gel (barely used)
    Warm Sensation Moisturizing Lubricant (barely used)
    Natural Moisturizing Lubricant (1 lg. tube, 1 sm.) (barely used or unused)
    Honey Girl Organics personal lubricant (barely used)
    Sweet Beauty pot de creme Chocolate Body Cream (barely used)
    Organic Herbs: Dill weed ~ 2 oz., Horsetail ~ 2 oz., Lemon Balm leaf ~ 2 oz., Nettle leaf ~ 2 oz, Rosemary ~ 1 oz., Spearmint ~ 2 oz.

Of course, I'm looking forward to finding a new gift for you, too.

We could talk about our likes and dislikes before shopping to prevent gifter's/giftee's remorse.

I'm only giving these away to an appreciative giftee because I've gone Minimalist. My routine is very simple and I don't need them anymore.

Honestly, I am not sure what to request. Miruvor tea from Night Blooming's etsy shop sounds wonderful.

Thanks.
    Last edited by GrowingGlory; June 3rd, 2012 at 02:06 PM.

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    trim/knee-/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Count me in !! I missed the Yule swap, and it looked like so much fun!

So...I racked my brains and this is all I can think about at the moment. It looks long, but it's all hyphens and a lot of spaces, I assure you :

-I'm in Europe, but willing to ship internationally too.
    - Favourite colours and shades:

Green (peridot, sea-green, emerald, moss)
    Amber (or orange)

Red (a bright blood red, or a deep cranberry/garnet)
    Blue (especially blue shades that have a tinge of purple/violet, like royal or persian blue. And turquoise

Amethyst/violet and purple
    No pink or neon and pastel colours.
    -Silver, bronze and copper tones rather than gold. Metal and wood rather than plastic.

-Hairtoys: I like all kind of hairtoys, practically! My hair is 120 cm long (fingertip), very fine, very straight, and 3.5" ponytail diameter-thick. Very slippery, too.

- I love hairsticks (metal or wood or horn), both with dangles and without, and I only have a couple (neither of which have dangles *sob* )! I also love forks.

- Ficcarés: only big ones can hold all my hair.
    - Barrettes, decorated pins, satin or silk ribbon, or flexi-8's (I have none of those) also welcome.
    - I don't mind wood/metal used hairtoys, and handmade toys are certainly very welcome!
    - No bobby pins or elastics.

-For possible jewellery, you can take a look at the symbols and motives section...I like dangle, stylized long earrings, not too elaborate. No hoops.

-Hair products: I have normal (non dry) ends and a greasy scalp.

-No shampoos, or conditioner. My hair doesn't absorb oils well, but I could give jojoba or camellia oil a try...or the fabled panacea I have heard so much about ! No combs, I don't use them. And no brushes, either, as I'm very particular as to which I use.
    -Let us see, what else... Red roiboos tea...Aloe vera gel...cassia...amla...Jamila henna...crushed hibiscus petal powder...or any kind of purple/violet semi-permanent dye! Or anything else, really.
    - If scents are involved, leafy, earthy ones, or fruity, not flowery or spicy.

-Symbols and motives:
    -Celtic (knotwork, the triskelion, goddesses), Elvish (leaves, interlaced, curvy motives...but NO cutesy faeries), Scandinavian.
    -No crosses or any religious symbols except for motives from Celtic and Scandinavian mythology/religion.
    -Leaves much rather than flower motives. Indian-style flowery motives I do like, though.
    - About possible animal imagery: Horses, owls, lionesses, eagles, wolves. No dogs. I don't have any pets, btw.
    - My style is sometimes a bit gothy (as far as make-up and dressing in black goes), but no skulls!
    - Nothing cutesy, please! No hearts, or bows, or butterflies,...

-General likes and activities:
    -Tolkien (especially everything about Elves, rangers and Rohan), Harry Potter, everything about Celtic mythology and culture, Scandinavian mythology and culture.
    - I identify with a warrior and a ranger. I love sword-fighting, archery and yoga. I do research on women warriors, I love everything about women warriors (but the real ones, not the corseted, loinclothed, high-heeled objectified ones!!). I also write and read feminist essays and work on feminist criticism in general.
    - I play the piano, flute, tin-whistle. I am planning to play the harp too. I love traditional Celtic music, Tolkien-inspired, Wim Mertens and heavy metal. I draw and paint.
    - I study the Irish language. I love all Celtic languages. I also study Tolkien's Quenya and Sindarin.

For more details, you can take a look at my biography in my profile .

-Food and other:
    Nothing that could go bad during the shipping, in general.
    -No candy, it doesn't agree with my stomach. But I love chocolate, of any kind!! But without any liquor in it, please.
    -I can't stand butter. Reflux ailer here!
    - No coffee. Herbal infusions with raspberry are all right, though !
    -I also like lip balms. But no perfumes or incense, I am allergic to strong smells. And no lotions or face creams, for the same reason.
    -No crocheted things, or quilted, or anything with lace.
    -No candles. Allergic again.
    -I like scarves (Indian patterns or plain colours).
    -No Twilight, please !

Thanks

Last edited by SwordWomanRiona; June 1st, 2012 at 12:44 PM.

Length
    27.5/31/31
    Type
    1b/F/iii

If we see someone's list and are itching to be their swap partner because we have
    The Perfect Thing" in mind for them, can we request them?

Type
    1a/C/ii/iii

Hmm... I just thought about this but I'm moving on July 1st. I already have the address but I'd like to request that my gifter sends his/her package after June 30th. I don't exactly mind getting it late either.

(I'll add this to my original post as well so that it's easier when you guys do the pairing.)

Length
    23/47/55+
    Type
    1c/F/ii

^ this is totally fine I am sure your gifter wouldn't mind the extra time to get a great package together.
    Lady Calaelen of Eden's Nook Designer of Fetching Forks in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!