Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2226

Thread: Tangle Teezer

Length
    CL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Tangle teezer

Quote Originally Posted by faellen View Post
    The salon elite is just a posher shape than the original.
    Also Salon Elite's bristles plate is slightly curved and Original's is flat, not sure if it makes any difference when in use. I only have compact, it's smaller than I would have hoped (I guess my hands are not super tiny), but I like that I don't have to worry how to store it and water comes out of it really easy if I use it in shower

Length
    18/23/30
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Cool okies, looks like an original for me Only got to see normals and compacts in the shop to nose at, the compacts I'd think would be useful for a straight hair/anyone who brushes to keep in their bag and remove wind tangles when out. But very tiny for day to day use for an adult.
    Wavy Lengths:APL ~ BSL ~ WAIST ~ HIP ~ CLASSIC
    Virgin colour: EAR ~ CHIN ~ SHOULDER ~ APL ~ BSL - Dye free since June 2013.

Length
    10.5"/CBL/WL
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

I'm currently using the Wet Brush to avoid damage when I brush my hair damp.
    It works great on dry hair, too!
    But I DO want to try the TT...
    Does it work just as well on damp hair? Or will I have to buy the "aqua splash" version...?
    Lady Vineglow, Sage of Knowledge, Bottle Blonde Cat-Lady of The Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

The Aqua Splash is not necessary for shower/wet hair use -- I use the Original and the Salon Elite both in the shower with no problems.

The Salon Elite is curved, and a bit "heavier" or "more solid-feeling" in your hand, but IMO it's not really worth spending extra money for. I had some extra funds in my PayPal account, and I found a decent price on ebay, so I bought one to try it out.

And yes, the Compact is VERY small, almost child-sized, but perfect for those who want a compact, easy-to-pack TT brush.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    10.5"/CBL/WL
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    The Aqua Splash is not necessary for shower/wet hair use -- I use the Original and the Salon Elite both in the shower with no problems.

The Salon Elite is curved, and a bit "heavier" or "more solid-feeling" in your hand, but IMO it's not really worth spending extra money for. I had some extra funds in my PayPal account, and I found a decent price on ebay, so I bought one to try it out.

And yes, the Compact is VERY small, almost child-sized, but perfect for those who want a compact, easy-to-pack TT brush.
    Thanks!! (ten characters)
    Lady Vineglow, Sage of Knowledge, Bottle Blonde Cat-Lady of The Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    24/27.95/35
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

I bought a compact tangle teezer last week. So far I've been happy with it.

may the forks be with you faellen's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by littlemonster View Post
    Cool okies, looks like an original for me Only got to see normals and compacts in the shop to nose at, the compacts I'd think would be useful for a straight hair/anyone who brushes to keep in their bag and remove wind tangles when out. But very tiny for day to day use for an adult.
    Yeah, I only use my compact when my hair needs fixing out and about. It's too small for me to use for regular detangling.

Quote Originally Posted by alexis917 View Post
    But I DO want to try the TT...
    Does it work just as well on damp hair? Or will I have to buy the "aqua splash" version...?
    It works in the same way, the bristles are exactly the same.

Length
    16/30/50
    Type
    1b/F/i

I bought my first TT yesterday. I was in Boots the Chemist mulling over the issue to myself when another woman came over and highly recommended them. She had one and was buying another, so I followed suit. It felt strange when using it for the first time though. I havent noticed any thing untoward yet, so hopefully it will be kind to my hair and my hair will like it.

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Congrats on your first TT Agnes
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

and PrinceVesuvius (Cat) PrincessBob's Avatar
    Length
    21"/70.5"/69"
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Hey, everybody! My sweetest and most wonderful Snuggles just gave me my Solstice gift, and it's a Black Salon Elite Tangle Teezer. Because he knows what I like. Oh, I just adore it to squidgy little bits!

It's a little... bigger, longer, differently shaped? Regardless, it feels just like it should and does the job well, it's maiden voyage through my hair was particularly telling. I washed my hair yesterday, so getting ready for my party tonight I was fighting with my hair because of all the post-wash tangles I tend to have. I have a lot, because from the time it is washed until it it bone dry, I just leave it down and it becomes a real mess.

So there I am cursing the man who invented tangles and Snuggles brings me my solstice box in the bathroom, and I stop what am doing to go get his solstice gift from the closet. I wait for him to open his before I tear into mine, and at the bottom of this big box there is another little plastic box from the UK and I got all dopy and misty eyed, because it is an awesome gift. I am moving one of my backless TTs into the shower for permanent residence (or until I get an Aqua Splash
    The Cereduin ♫Melody Maker♪ and Bard
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights and
    CrochetWizard
    Credit Avatar:LemonJolly 2015 / Credit Siggy: Snuggles, September 2015