Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what are your favorite hair treats from the kitchen?

Length
    21/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: what are your favorite hair treats from the kitchen?

burns_erin Do you use then like a tea rinse? or how do you use them? but one question I must know!!!

cauliflower,??
    Lady Aerdrie Fænya of the Sheltered Grove in the Order of the Long Haired Knights"If you are walking through Hell.... Keep walking" W. Churchill "Patiently waiting to be whole again."...me

Length
    short/SHL/~ 30
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mommy2one05 View Post
    What do you do with banana baby food? What does it do for your hair?
    I use banana baby food any place that would need a smashed normal banana. For me I find that its easier to rinse out without having clumps of it still left in my hair. It also mixes with other things smoother.

My favorites are Coconut oil, EVOO and Honey

Length
    pixie/pixie/44
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by naturechild View Post
    burns_erin Do you use then like a tea rinse? or how do you use them? but one question I must know!!!

cauliflower,??
    The herbs make a tea with and either use it as a rinse or a mist.

Cauliflower (cooked) mashed or blended with yogurt and honey makes a nice hair mask. My mother and sister love it, I like it okay. My mother and sister use an egg yolk instead of honey but I do not like egg yolk in my hair. It sort of thickens and smooths, particularly with the egg yolk.

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Honey and various oils mostly. Eggs were a disaster. The occasional vinegar rinse is nice too.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Length
    15 in/28 in/43 IN
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Typical SMT (honey, aloe, condish)...I used to mayo a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time again...I tried a variation of a caramel treatment (I think that's what it's called) last night of baby mashed bananna's, honey and condish...my hair felt good, but I skipped the ACV that I normally do and I felt like I had honey at my hair line all day...thank goodness it was a scrunchie Bun day at work.

~~~Lady Cathubodva, Battle Raven in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!~~~

Length
    25''/TB/TB
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura07 View Post
    I use banana baby food any place that would need a smashed normal banana. For me I find that its easier to rinse out without having clumps of it still left in my hair. It also mixes with other things smoother.

My favorites are Coconut oil, EVOO and Honey
    That's the reason I use it too, I don't like the clumps either My favorite mix is 1 part aloe vera gel, 1 part honey, 1 part conditioner and 2 parts banana baby food. And sometimes I add some coconut oil there too.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes. ~Douglas Adams
    ~Elanor~

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Yogurt is probably my favourite ingredient, whenever i use it in a mix my hair feels amazing and has great shine.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

I haven't used anything kitchen wise except for honey and coconut oil. I am afraid to experiment with other stuff. Afraid I would have a mess and something would go wrong.

Length
    3"/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2c/C/ii/iii

My favorite kitchen treat is probably some honey. Even though I'm not in it for the lightening I just love the way it smells when I have honey water in the shower (plus I don't have to worry if a little get in my mouth like the ACV lol)

My favorite bathroom treat though is Listerine. I read about it on a thread a couple of days ago and my scalp loved it! (and again the smell was a factor)
    From a shorty to a long hair, how long shall it take???

Lady Tisiphone of the Avenging Heart in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    15 in/28 in/43 IN
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by plainjanegirl View Post
    I haven't used anything kitchen wise except for honey and coconut oil. I am afraid to experiment with other stuff. Afraid I would have a mess and something would go wrong.

Never be afraid to experiment. My DH is a well meaning, smartass who loves to tease when I have a "concoction" in my hair...likes to tell me that my hair is going to be green one day when I take the shower cap off...

I just tell him he's jealous that I have had kitchen success and his shoulder length hair needs some TLC....

~~~Lady Cathubodva, Battle Raven in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!~~~