Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Naked' products

Length
    chin/hip/tbl
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: 'Naked' products

I love the Naked Range, especially their shampoo and conditioner for dry hair. It's called Naked Rescue Intensive Care Shampoo and Conditioner.
    The shampoo is extremely gentle compared to other shampoos I've tried. And even though I shampoo twice it does not seem to dry my hair that much.
    The conditioner is quite good too, even though I prefer another conditioner, which I can only get in Germany (Alterra Conditioner Pomegranate & Aloe Vera: http://www.rossmann.de/qualitaetspro...aloe-vera.html)
    So the Naked Rescue conditioner is my best alternative

I have also tried the Naked Conditioner Bounce Curl Defining, but somehow it doesn't nourish my hair as good as the rescue. I use the curl defining conditioner now for my ends during I shampoo, just to keep them more smooth and it works perfectly for that!

I also tried the Rescue Hair Repairing Treatment, which is not bad, but again I prefer the hair deep treatment from Rossmann. But I like the sachet form of this treatment for traveling. Again, Rescue is my best alternative
    What I find funny with that one is that it seems to dry the hair when I leave it in for longer time, say 20min instead of 5min

Length
    21/18/35
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post
    That is just the kind of balance I'm looking for. Hope you don't mind if I ask; does it wash out heavy oilings for you? Do you use it straight or diluted?

(If anyone else has tried it and wants to answer, that'd be awesome too. )
    I don't remember having any problem with it removing oil. I pretty much always have some degree of oiling going on before I wash, or I have my hair completely slathered in Panacea.
    I do use it undiluted, I probably should try diluting it but I'm lazy.

I forgot to say that although I adore this shampoo, I was less than convinced by other products I tried namely:
    - Shine glossing deep treatment. For a deep treatment it felt pretty useless, like it didn't do anything at all. I went through the whole pot and it never got better.
    - Renew conditioner. Didn't realise this had cones, only used it once and got the dreaded drying I get from some cones (aside from amodimethicone). I should try it again though, on inspection, the cone it has is trimethylsilylamodimethicone. Maybe I just need to give it another shot.
    Chopped the end of the bleach damage 01/01/2013.
    No trims in 2013!
    nape ... SL ... APL ... BSL ... WL ... Hip ... TBL ...and then?

Length
    -/Shldr/-
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by theodora View Post
    the cone it has is trimethylsilylamodimethicone.
    Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

© GRD, 3 March 2007

Length
    chin/MBL/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I've tried the mild/sensitive one (its my current shampoo when I fancy a change). It does still seem quite strong and my hair feels a bit stripped afterwards, but I usually CO so any kind of shampoo makes my hair feel more stripped than normal. It removes heavy oilings (coconut) fine for me.

I didn't like the volume one, it really dried my hair out.

Lady Egleriel, Wanderer of Hallowed Halls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I think I'll give it a try. If it's too strong I'll dilute it and see how I go.

Length
    APL/MBL/hip
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

I like it too and my three eldest daughters love it ( youngest hates getting her head wet in the bath or shower as she is 3) But I can't use it without gloves on as it sets of the dermatitis on my hands.
    Great to have an almost fully natural in the main shops in the UK though.

Length
    APL/MBL/hip
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

my hair is pretty good with it all though, shampoo better than condish. Used to switch brands to Weleda for condish.

And just noticed when searching on google for welwda, that naturisimo have 25% off weleda only but loads of other stuff that is cone free too AND free delivery!

Length
    -/Shldr/-
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by red-again View Post
    I like it too and my three eldest daughters love it ( youngest hates getting her head wet in the bath or shower as she is 3) But I can't use it without gloves on as it sets of the dermatitis on my hands. .
    Ahhhhhh I thought it was coincidence that the "now you see it, now you don't" patch of ?eczema on my left hand was red & itchy again after I used it.

© GRD, 3 March 2007

Length
    SL/Class/?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

While I still love the 'Sensitive' shampoo, I wasn't all that convinced by the conditioner. Shoot. Once my hair had dried it still felt sort of heavy and like it wasn't completely clean. I suppose it could be that I didn't rinse thoroughly enough, but I've never had that issue before. Although, this conditioner was thicker and heavier than any conditioner I've ever tried before, so maybe it needed even more rinsing than usual?

may the forks be with you faellen's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Well I used my Naked shampoo, conditioner and heat protectant today. I bought this set.

So far I'm impressed with the results; my hair feels really nice. The conditioner is great, I'm a big fan!

But I'm not 100% about the shampoo... I'm finding the switch to non-SLS rather difficult, as I like working shampoo up into lather and find it hard to do this with the Naked one, meaning I end up using more product than I'd like. My bottle will be used up in no time at this rate!