Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else use a flat iron?

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Default Re: Anyone else use a flat iron?

If you don't want to go past 21", then you don't have to worry all that much about damage because that's really not all that long. If you were interested in growing really long, then minimizing heat damage would be more important. I don't straighten my hair because I don't particularly like straight hair, but even if I did I wouldn't straighten because I'm more interested in length and want to minimize damage.

Length
    pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

OMG Faux, you commited a LHC sin!! ) AND got away with it! I'm feeling so jealous right now, I'll have to keep an eye onto your hair-care routine
    I think it's great that you can straighten your hair and at the same time keep it healthy. If your hair is beautiful, I say why not do it? Have fun and enjoy your hair!
    Now you made me curious if there are other ladies that use heat styling on LHC?! Hmm...

With admiration,
    - Laetitia

I also dye my hair and blow dry them i also use flat iron about 1or2 times a week and I didn't notice any damage but I have short hair.

I flat iron my hair almost everyday. I think my hair is still in good condition but my hair is also really coarse and can withstand heat.

ON MY WAY TO WAIST

Length
    18"/23"/36"
    Type
    2c/F/M/i/ii

Aww I really wish I could say I straighten my hair but I cant. My hair just wont take the heat. I straightened it on my holiday and I loved how it looked, but I paid for it the next day. If you have strong healthy hair that can take being straightened then I dont think its a problem. Shiny thick straight hair is a bit of a fantasy for me, I have thin, curly hair

I might have read somewhere that years of straightening may cause lose of volume etc, but I really dont know any facts about it.
    I next plan to straighten my hair for a wedding in July, using alot of heat protection spray!!

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I used to straighten with GHDs daily and my hair was always in good condition without even a split end in sight. Then i started bleach highlighting at as well as straightening and my hair just couldn't take it, so i dropped the heat and kept the bleach. For me, my hair could withstand one damaging action but not the two combined. I havn't used heat now in almost 6 months but that doesn't mean to say i never will again, I have a ball in just over a week which i think i might straighten for to show of my length - the curls just eat up the length so much.
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict

And when I dye them I don't straighten them until i feel them fully recovered and healthy (so usually for 2 or 3 weeks)

may the forks be with you faellen's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I have a GHD straightener that I got for Christmas and I treasure it! I don't straighten frequently though, maybe once every two weeks, and sometimes less occasionally than that. I am growing out a side fringe and the iron tames it really well. I can also use it for curling!

I am trying to cut down on heat styling but sometimes it's necessary for me. I have some great heat protect products that help, though

Length
    SL/APL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I love the feeling of flat ironed hair too, but fine hair just really does not handle it well, even with the most precautions used. It just instantly dries out my hair and makes it want to go fuzzy on the ends. I do use it occasionally though. Very very occasionally, lol, like once a year.
    Starting over! SL APL BSL waist . . . HIP?

Length
    APL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii

Has anyone tried caruso steam curlers to straighten hair? I love my hair straightened but had to give it up due to damage.