Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyone else use a flat iron?

Length
    buzz/CBL/MBL
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Anyone else use a flat iron?

Quote Originally Posted by lmfbs View Post
    Is that a thing? That males have coarser hair than females? Definitely doesn't fit with my observations!
    Not sure, but my transgender friend (MtF) claims that taking hormone replacement therapy and testosterone blockators made his hair grow softer and finer. So I guess it's gender-related due to hormones.

Length
    16/19/40
    Type
    1b/M/iii

No, I already have straight hair. I have never in my life used styling tools or products on my hair, although I do admit to using a blow dryer before

Length
    24BSL/35TBL/42 CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Simone_Fatale View Post
    Not sure, but my transgender friend (MtF) claims that taking hormone replacement therapy and testosterone blockators made his hair grow softer and finer. So I guess it's gender-related due to hormones.
    I know someone who went FtM who had the same effect. I wonder if it's just what hormones do to hair?

Length
    buzz/CBL/MBL
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lmfbs View Post
    I know someone who went FtM who had the same effect. I wonder if it's just what hormones do to hair?
    It could be possible. Hormones always have a great impact on the body. I'm definitely intrigued. I'll have to google it and find out something more.

Length
    26/25.5/28
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Faux View Post
    I love my flat iron. I absolutely love my hair when its straightened. I have loose waves naturally, but I usually style it. I blow dry and flat iron my hair around two times a week. I also dye my hair, but I use a gentler professional dye. My hair is in excellent condition and I always get compliments from my stylist (though I only go in for a trim two or three times a year). Right now I'm at 21" and probably won't go much longer. I know a lot of people on here swear off heat, but I really think it depends on the tools. I have used cheap tools in the past and they were horrible for my hair. I only use professional tools now and my hair looks great. I love Chi and I have a flat iron and blow dryer made by them. Does anyone else flat iron? Is your hair in good condition? I honestly think you can use heat and still have amazing hair if you use the right tools!
    Some hair can take heat with regular trims, good care and genetics. If you were going for hip I'd say it might get difficult.

For me the whole point is this. Be happy with your hair. That's it. No matter how that is achieved.
    Hair September 2015