Thread: - Temporary dying hair with chalk o.o

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    23.5/29/Hmmm
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: - Temporary dying hair with chalk o.o

Oh, and it did not get on any of my clothes or anything.

Their are 2 ways to chalk.

It can be done dry. The selected chalk sticks are rubbed on the hair and then flat ironed lightly and brushed lightly to remove any excess. This will last for about 3 days and perhaps one shampoo.

The second more lasting way is to LIGHTLY mist the hair. Rub the chalk sticks and lightly flat iron and brush. This can last up to two weeks and several shampoos.

YMMWV with either method.

If the hair is so wet that it is dripping, it is too wet. If the chalk is rubbing off on clothes way to much is being put one. This is a fun and absolutely safe way for very young ladies to enjoy color without fear of permanently changing the growth patterns of their maturing hair follicles. The chalk is nothing special. Sidewalk chalk works just as well as anything labelled hair chalk. It is the same. And yes it will be somewhat drying just like those of us who had the privilege of writing our homework on slate chalk boards with the old school white chalk sticks.

Length
    20/23,6/35,4
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

- Gorgeous results !!

Quote Originally Posted by Eirelin View Post
    Sorry to repeat myself, but there seem to be several different threads on this.

I also need to apologize in advance for the size of the photos.

Here is a photo of the results of my experiment with chalk pastels + Curlformers:

I put plenty of oil and diluted conditioner in the hair (my spray bottle always has a tiny bit of conditioner in it, anyway). Then I sprayed the pastel piece, rubbed it all over the glove (still spraying) and then gently rubbed downward on the strand of hair (not putting any pressure on it). Then the strand went into a Curlformer.

I slept in the Curlformers and then in the morning, took them out. I used a LOT of olive oil sheen spray on the curls, put it up in a claw, and then sprayed on more sheen spray several times throughout the day. No heat!

The top row of hair was alternating blues and greens, while the bottom half was alternating pinks and purples. The pinks were okay, the greens turned out VERY well, and the blues and purples pretty much just disappeared.

I actually had it in for a few days because I had no chance to wash my hair before that, so by the third day, when I really needed a more conservative look, I very, very carefully combed it out and put it up in a bun with the colors hidden. I was finally able to wash it out the following day, after loading a big mix of honey & conditioner into it for an hour or two.

You know, I actually forgot about the colors until I went to rinse the honey & conditioner out and got the shock of my life when all this dark water poured out of my hair!

That was last week, and my hair has had no ill effects from it.

Here's another picture, taken before I put it up:

I got some interesting reactions on Facebook ;P
    Freegan - Polyamorous - Ex-Squatter

- Sorry I'm late . - That's okay, time doesn't exist .

Length
    2/34/34
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

I tried this the other day! I haven't been able to get on LHC for a while or else would have posted this sooner... in any case, this was me and my sister.

It was a little messy, but not excessively so. I only planned to leave it in for a day, I washed my hair that night.

Me on the right and my little sis on the left. It showed up and held better in her blonde hair, naturally, and also retained a bit of color after 2 washes.

Her hair with some awesome color. :-D

My hair. The chalk did dry it out, but I wasn't really worried about it, I only did it for a one day use.

And another photo of my hair.
    Lady Tatiana of Painted Fields in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    Recent Henna Head
    ~*~ Artist at http://joannamarieart.com ~*~
    Check out my Patreon!

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

This looks like so much fun. Unfortunately, the fact that the colour will rub off everywhere is a bit of a deal breaker for me. After all the effort of putting it in, you'd have to wash it out that same night.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Think it looks like fun! Not sure whether I'd actually do it though...

Length
    SL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Disliked it. Very messy when applying since the hair and chalk have to be wet and the color drips everywhere. And when the chalk is dry on the hair strand, chalk dust falls off on my clothes. Also, you damage your since you have to rub the chalk on the hair strand over and over to get any color. And the color pay-off is so-so. I have almost black-brown hair (level 2) and I had to put A LOT of chalk on for it to show up. And it fades as it dries

I could see people with lighter hair maybe putting up with this to get some temporary color but, to me, the hassle, messiness, and damage was not worth it

Length
    Pixi/33/45
    Type
    1a/C/iii

For some reason, this doesn't work on my hair at all. But Eirelin, I absolutely adore your results! Those green streaks looks gorgeous in your hair. I'm waiting for a set of Curlformer-dupes right now, I can't wait to try them!
    7/7- 25 months scissor free! 25/6 - 24 months of roots!
    Pixi->APL->BSL->MB->Waist->Hip->BCL->TB->Classic?

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Can you use oil pastels?! *random thought of the day*
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Type
    1c/F/ii

I used chalk pastels (dry) and then applied hairspray. I read drying comments so I made sure to oil my hair after washing it out and I haven't had any damage. I've only done it once and I loved it! So nice to not have to dye my hair.