Results 1,071 to 1,079 of 1079

Thread: The Shea Moisture Thread

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: The Shea Moisture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by clairenewcastle View Post
    When the Shea Moisture range launched in the Uk a number of years ago I swore by the castor oil shampoo but then they changed the formula of not just their shampoo but the conditioner and leave-in too and I could not for the life of me get the stuff rinsed out of my hair.

So it became a huge no-no for me. All these years later I still won't use Shea Moisture.
    I have the new leave-in, and for me it works just as well as before. Don't know about the shampoo though. Have you clarified in between, sometime?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I have the new leave-in, and for me it works just as well as before. Don't know about the shampoo though. Have you clarified in between, sometime?
    Yes, I am a strong believer in clarifying. I love the feeling of my hair being stripped of all products ready for whatever my next hair obsession is!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by clairenewcastle View Post
    Yes, I am a strong believer in clarifying. I love the feeling of my hair being stripped of all products ready for whatever my next hair obsession is!
    I know they did all kinds of tinkering with several products, but the leave-in still works great. I only have this leave-in (JBCO) and the curl enhancing smoothie along with the frizz-taming smoothie (man that smells just like a salon/spa). And I love those.

I never dabbled in their shampoos because I can't use them anyway (no sulfates doesn't work for me). And to me the conditioners are too expensive for washing down the drain anyway.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

I know they did all kinds of tinkering with several products, but the leave-in still works great. I only have this leave-in (JBCO) and the curl enhancing smoothie along with the frizz-taming smoothie (man that smells just like a salon/spa). And I love those.

I never dabbled in their shampoos because I can't use them anyway (no sulfates doesn't work for me). And to me the conditioners are too expensive for washing down the drain anyway.
    I'm the same when it comes to using sulfates, shampoos that don't contain sulfates just don't clean my hair properly.

Length
    Pixie/BCL/Class
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Has anyone else had amazing results with the 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Leave-In Treatment? I've been using it for a week and it looks like it's going to be a holy grail item. It made my waves look especially nice with minimal scrunching and plopping so I'd recommend trying it for people with similar hair types
    Oh sing me a song of the sea,
    Selkie, siren, sisters thee.

I have been low on my shea moisture kids curl cream for a while, and switching it up sometimes using one of my conditioners as a leave-in i stead to stretch it out. I have to admit, I was holding out for a sale or finding it at a discount store. No luck for months, so I finally bought a tub today.

The color is… different. It’s not as white as all my other tubs were, a little off-white? I made sure the seal was secure, since the color looked weird. Here’s to hoping it works the same!

Do shea moisture products change color over time, or expire? Or do they change formulas from time to time with no warning?

The label and everything seem identical, but will double check & maybe even use the new one on half my head and my previous tub on the other side to make sure they are the same!
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

I absolutely love the JBCO leave-in. I've been using it recently since it always feels like it improves the softness of my hair. My hair got utterly fried to death at my last haircut and wasn't quite the same afterwards. This stuff REALLY helps.

Do you have any recommendations for a SM product to apply after the leave-in to add a bit of soft hold? My hair looks a bit wild and crazy with just the leave-in and I think I need some more hold to keep the strands together, but I like to brush my hair after it dries so I prefer to avoid gel and mousse or anything with a strong hold.
    Buzz - Pixie - Bob - Shoulder - CBL - APL - MBL - Waist - Hip

Length
    BSL/Waist/Undef
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Oh that's a brand I'd love to try out. Unfortunately we don't have it here and I'm not as interested in it to have it shipped from the US lol

My straight hair loves formulas made for curly hair and I don't really have a sense of smell but they seem like they smell nice lol
    @morganazoric on Ig | @morganazor on TikTok

July-december 2023 benign neglect challenge(no trimming).

Length
    Pixie/BCL/Class
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kelp View Post
    Has anyone else had amazing results with the 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Leave-In Treatment? I've been using it for a week and it looks like it's going to be a holy grail item. It made my waves look especially nice with minimal scrunching and plopping so I'd recommend trying it for people with similar hair types
    The EVCO Leave-In was out of stock the last time I was at the store so I grabbed the Hydrate + Repair Multi-Action Leave-In with Manuka Honey and Yogurt, and it's somehow even better on my hair. As well as spraying it on the lengths as intended, I also find it's great to spritz onto my bun before I go out in the morning and work in the cold.
    Oh sing me a song of the sea,
    Selkie, siren, sisters thee.