Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your hair's wavelength and/or curl diameter?

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    3a/M/i

Default Re: What's your hair's wavelength and/or curl diameter?

Quote Originally Posted by earthnut View Post
    Oo interesting diagram! Do you lave a link to the study or study results?

FYI, I got different results when I measured hair samples laid flat than when I measured the hair on my head. (The wavelength measured flat was 3.5-4.5 inches) I think you should use whatever method you think is best, but be aware that they may be different.
    I have a link, but I'm not sure if it will work for those without an account at EBSCOhost You can try the link anyway, who knows.
    It's 18 pages long. It's free to be printed, so I don't see it a huge problem to share it on the thread here if I'm free to show a print out to just anyone.

And if it doesn't work, I better quickly cite it - that was very rude of me not to!!

De La Mettrie, R, Saint-Léger, D, Loussouarn, G, Garcel, A, Porter, C, & Langaney, A 2007, 'Shape Variability and Classification of Human Hair: A Worldwide Approach', Human Biology, 79, 3, pp. 265-281, Academic Search Complete, EBSCOhost, viewed 1 August 2012.

Aiming for Tailbone by the time I graduate university 2016

Length
    bsl/elbow/n/a
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: What's your hair's wavelength and/or curl diameter?

I'm gonna give max values rather than trying for average or representative ones.

Wavelength of 5.4" (counted total waves of 5, measured length of clump is 27")

Amplitude of 0.5"

Most of my hair doesn't clump well or at all, so generally it doesn't look anywhere near that wavy even if it dries without me touching it.