Page 101 of 456 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4557

Thread: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

Length
    13.2/40,7/54
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

hello bunzfan, long time no see !
    Im sorry to hear that, but I hope your ends will grow nicely with your new plan !

-------
    I got my sleeping bonnet yesterday and this night I have slept wonderful!
    *no waiking up because: Im lying on something hard in my back as a braid, trapped, bf lying on it, under the pillow, draging my head and so on
    *No waiking up because : of sleeping with the hair loose so it goes everywhere, katches onto everything it finds, trap me and so on.

I slept! I cat remember when I last slept a whole night not waiking up and correct my har sinc I was awake anyway! maby I wont sleep this well tonight because I slept during the day aswell (Im having a cold) but it sure was nice.

I woke up in the morning and before my bf went to work he appologised to me saying that he was so sorry for knocking my ass with his knee during the night! it woke him to halfsleep because he noticed his knee hitting somehing but I slept like a rock and did not notice XD thank you sleping bonnet <3
    Growing natural: none -> pixie-> classic
    Essence of glory,
    Beauty from within.
    My hair, my sin

I wasn't sure where to post this but hopefully I can get some advice here.

I'm looking to trim about an inch off my ends but I'm looking for an alternative to feye's self trim - I'm finding it is just levelling off my racer hairs rather than getting a proper trim. I know I can angle my head differently but I'm not sure I'm skilled enough to get it right.

I want to take an inch off all over and was thinking of dividing my hair up into multiple sections and trimming the bottom off each - I have damage taper in the last few inches so cutting off the last inch will only be cutting a small batch of hairs. I'm not fussy about a perfect hemline.

Does this sound like it would work, and if not, can someone recommend a different method that is fairly fool proof, but will catch a wider selection of racer hairs, rather than the same ones at the back?

Thanks!

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Have you tried the ponytail method?

Hmm not sure, please tell me more!

Length
    bob/Bsl/Hip
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Do you have layers?
    Long hair until Henna disaster April 2014.... Big Chop April 2015 to cut it out. Growing my natural color long! My blog

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by redredrobin View Post
    Hmm not sure, please tell me more!
    Make a centre part, comb everything out neatly, ponytail at the nape. Then, behind your back, pull the elastic straight down the length to as close to the ends as you can. Carefully bring your hair forward over one shoulder (without pulling any strands out of alignment), and snip off as much of the ends as you want to.

I think there's actually a demonstration with animated gifs on the feyeselftrim livejournal, but it's been ages since I visited it, so I don't remember. At any rate, the above method is what I'm doing for my monthly microtrims and it's doing the trick nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by leilani View Post
    Do you have layers?
    Good question I think I might have some long ones left, and I think my hair was layered a bit at the front as it's shorter there.

Quote Originally Posted by Theobroma View Post
    Make a centre part, comb everything out neatly, ponytail at the nape. Then, behind your back, pull the elastic straight down the length to as close to the ends as you can. Carefully bring your hair forward over one shoulder (without pulling any strands out of alignment), and snip off as much of the ends as you want to.

I think there's actually a demonstration with animated gifs on the feyeselftrim livejournal, but it's been ages since I visited it, so I don't remember. At any rate, the above method is what I'm doing for my monthly microtrims and it's doing the trick nicely.
    Thanks Theobrama. I followed the instructions but when I got down to the bottom bit, the side bits all fell out and so I would only be trimming the long bits again

Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by redredrobin View Post
    Good question I think I might have some long ones left, and I think my hair was layered a bit at the front as it's shorter there.

Thanks Theobrama. I followed the instructions but when I got down to the bottom bit, the side bits all fell out and so I would only be trimming the long bits again
    So are you trying to trim your layers themselves, or trim the longer bits to be the length of your layers? (I think this is the reason the layers question was asked?)

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

So here is a before and after

I am just about hip hand at hip

After measuring i took just under a half inch. I'm going to continue taking half inch every three months i think so i am still gaining length but getting rid of the damaged areas with dots.
    Last edited by bunzfan; September 10th, 2014 at 03:13 AM.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Melika View Post
    So are you trying to trim your layers themselves, or trim the longer bits to be the length of your layers? (I think this is the reason the layers question was asked?)
    Not really trying to trim the layers. I'm looking to trim around the entire of my hemline, including the shorter sides. I keep trimming only the long bits at the back when I do Feye's U shape, and I don't think my hair is V enough for the V shaped cut. These cuts seem to involve some level of skill or judgement to know how far to tilt your head for your hemline.
    Thanks everyone for your help! I plan to try microtrimming for a while and see if that helps, if not I may have to maintain sooner than I had hoped.

*bunzfan* your hair looks so shiny and soft