Page 12 of 1497 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422621125121012 ... LastLast

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

Length
    pixie/bob/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

LAWYERGIRL, I feel your pain about the trimming. I went last week for a dusting but didn't have any length cut off. Hopefully I can go quite a bit longer than 8 wks this time. I just can't stand it when the whole mullet thing starts happening.

My fear is that if I don't have the back evened up along the way, I will HATE my hair and just cut it all off again. So, in keeping my sanity, trims are going to be necessary. I'm just trying to keep it to 1/2" or less when I *do* get a trim.
    Almost APL - cut it all off Dec '10 - Growing again Aug '11

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Can I join please?
    I have done a major cut before christmas and my hair is now sort and heavily layered
    Its in really good condition and I am going to start Sorbolene washing soon (hopefully tomorrow) so I am ging to keep it in as good a condition as I can and trim it, if at all, as little as possible.
    I am at work at the moment but will be on later and will post a current piccy so you can all see what stage I am at!
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Last edited by wintersun99; February 19th, 2010 at 07:22 PM.

Length
    pixie/bob/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Can I join please?
    I have done a major cut before christmas and my hair is now sort and heavily layered
    Its in really good condition and I am going to start Sorbolene washing soon (hopefully tomorrow) so I am ging to keep it in as good a condition as I can and trim it, if at all, as little as possible.
    I am at work at the moment but will be on later and will post a current piccy so you can all see what stage I am at!
    Please do! We'll look forward to seeing your pics soon too!
    Almost APL - cut it all off Dec '10 - Growing again Aug '11

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Hi, Gilly! Heck yeah, you can join us! I look forward to seeing your pics.
    Proud Member of the Renegray Gang
    Lady Arethusa of the Gossamer Garden in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

I got in too late last night to do pics but will do them tonight, my Sorbolene arrived last night so hopefully I have got the itch sorted, now all I need to do is concentrate on growing again
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    .125/17.5/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Just wanted to update everyone (since I know you're all on the edge of your seats) but I did not trim on Friday and so far, I am so glad I didn't! As I mentioned before, I pushed the appointment back to the 20th. I'll trim eventually for sure, but I'm glad I gave myself the chance to gain a little more length!

lawyergirl -- your trim is looking good! How are you feeling about it?

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Why, yes, tiggens, as a matter of fact, I HAVE been on the edge of my seat! I'm glad you held off -- if you're not ready, you're not ready. Wait until you are 100% certain. The general "rule" is to wait at least 14 days and then revisit the decision. If you still aren't sure, wait another 14 days, etc.

I agree that LawyerGirl's trim turned out great. We all have to figure out the best way to get through this rough patch so we can have smooth growing!

Length
    6cm/6cm/bsl
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by wintersun99 View Post
    I'm wearing hats everyday too. I don't think any of my students have actually seen me without one, this year. No, wait - I did wear a headband a few times - they liked the headband's better...
    Great!! I'm erm, actually slightly dreading the weather getting warmer as the mullet is getting very very mulletty now and a hatless day would be a disaster. However, I can go from beanies to bakerboys made of cotton. Your mullet link made me feel so happy because I laughed so much.

Beaky

My sideburns are killing me at the moment. I can't slick them back with gel as that really emphasises the mullet look, but if I leave them they stick out like a clown's hair. My crown is doing some kind of flat look too but that's the least of my worries. I wish women in the UK wore more headscarfs the traditional way, you know, tied under the chin. I'd love to wear them like that but nobody under 85 does so here. I might take a piccy of myself in one for a laugh but don't get excited, it's taking me a while to work out how to add images, lol.

Beaky
    Last edited by Teacherbear; February 27th, 2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: merge 2 posts

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Beakywitch View Post
    My sideburns are killing me at the moment. I can't slick them back with gel as that really emphasises the mullet look, but if I leave them they stick out like a clown's hair.
    Hey there, Beaky! Is there something WRONG with clown's hair (see my avatar, please)???

Quote Originally Posted by Beakywitch View Post
    I wish women in the UK wore more headscarfs the traditional way, you know, tied under the chin. I'd love to wear them like that but nobody under 85 does so here.
    I am such an inner dork, too. I'd love to wear what we in the U.S. call babushkas. When I was a kid, I would always put on scarves like that, tied under my chin, and my mother rapidly whisked them off my head for fear I would embarrass her. I am so comfortable in that "rural peasant" look, but, sadly, no one seems to appreciate my quirky taste.