Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Default Re: Hello Friends.

Hi silky and welcome,
    I am sure the more you come on the more indian friend you will find
    Last edited by Aisha25; September 1st, 2008 at 09:09 AM.

Type
    2a/M/i/ii

Default Re: Hello To All Indian Members.

Quote Originally Posted by rockkcor View Post
    Welcome!
    I am not from India, but anyhow, this is a great community - I feel at home here!
    hiii rockkcor pleasure to meet you.....u can help me by telling me from where to start my hair-care regime from this community.

Type
    2a/M/i/ii

hiii trolleypup, ya that picture is mine.

Type
    2a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sahiba View Post
    Hi , I am from India... born in the capital and married in south . I love it here. Everybody is great , friendly and very helpful .Always there when you need them ... and I do not mean just for the hair. Trust me , this site is very effective and within 2 months if you dont see a great difference in your hair I would be very surprised. LHC is a world in its own, you don't want to go anywhere else. In short LHC gives you great friends and great hair too. Just one word of caution...ITS HIGHLY ADDICTIVE.
    Hiii sahiba,
    Your hair looks lovely and that for the warning of getting addicted. I will keep that in mind. So sahiba can you guide me on how to get some useful tips about my hair? or from forst of all where do i start from. How can i add friends in my buddy list or something? Waiting for your reply.

Type
    2a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Saranne772 View Post
    I am not from India but I do have strong links with a lot of Indian people (mostly Malyalies). My younger sister is from India and she is growing her hair (see my albums) but she is too young to join. (Well we are close and call each other sisters but we are not really)
    Hii Saranne772,
    Its a pleasure to meet you. Can u guide me about this community more? or how can i make friends and add them like yahoo messenger or something? I need to know this so i can be in touch with you and can make more friends like you. Waiting for your reply.

Type
    2a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Sophie View Post
    Hi Silky,

Welcome! I'm not exactly Indian....West Indian (my parents are from Trinidad) BUT my grandfather was from India....not sure where though...But I'm close! lol

Is that your pic? If so, you're stunning!!
    Hii Forever_Sophie,
    Yes that's my pic and thank you for the compliments i really appreciate them. And its a pleasur to meet you. Hope that we will become good friends.

Type
    2a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha25 View Post
    Hi silky and welcome,
    I am sure the more you come on the more indian friend you will find
    Hii Aisha25,
    Pleasure meeting you. I m sure we will make good friends in future.

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Hi Silky and welcome to LHC!

While I am not Indian I do use a lot of Indian traditional hair care in my routine. Your hair, from your description seems to be a similar hair type to mine. What I found to work really well to give shiny soft hair are Methi (fenugreek) and buttermilk masks.

Mix a 2-3 tablespoons (depending on hair length) of methi seed powder with a enough warm buttermilk to create a thick paste. Let stand for half hour. Apply to the hair and leave on for at least 15 minutes, cover the hair so it doesn't dry. Then rinse out thoroughly. No need to shampoo after, it is cleansing enough to even take out a bit of oiliness.

About the community, there is a friends/buddy system where you can add people to your friends list (the option is visible in your profile or if you click on a member name.) You need to have 25 quality posts (outside the "new? start here" section) for most of the options in this community.

Contact outside of the site depends on the person. Some like to communicate through this site only, others have messenger contacts available in their profile.

I hope that helps.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

OldTimer Older than LHC Teacherbear's Avatar
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    Yes that's my pic and thank you for the compliments i really appreciate them.
    Oh, I thought I saw your profile said your hair was 5 inches long. I see it doesn't say that any more. Maybe I'm seeing things.

Is that you in your Profile picture?
    Hmm, what should this say? I'm thinking . . .

Type
    2a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mira-chan View Post
    Hi Silky and welcome to LHC!

While I am not Indian I do use a lot of Indian traditional hair care in my routine. Your hair, from your description seems to be a similar hair type to mine. What I found to work really well to give shiny soft hair are Methi (fenugreek) and buttermilk masks.

Mix a 2-3 tablespoons (depending on hair length) of methi seed powder with a enough warm buttermilk to create a thick paste. Let stand for half hour. Apply to the hair and leave on for at least 15 minutes, cover the hair so it doesn't dry. Then rinse out thoroughly. No need to shampoo after, it is cleansing enough to even take out a bit of oiliness.

About the community, there is a friends/buddy system where you can add people to your friends list (the option is visible in your profile or if you click on a member name.) You need to have 25 quality posts (outside the "new? start here" section) for most of the options in this community.

Contact outside of the site depends on the person. Some like to communicate through this site only, others have messenger contacts available in their profile.

I hope that helps.
    Thank you for your guidance mira. That definitely helped me out to become more comfortable in this community. I will surely give it a go of your suggested mask and let you know the result. Thanks once again